• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

Thanks for the response. I'm hoping someone knows a solution for this issue.

Start over with a wipe and flash everything again. Skip the activation, it doesn't apply to users on Boost and VM, and just causes issues (obviously now for your experience) for the users who don't know and wait on it to do its thing. You will need to apply a 4G/APN fix as part of flashing the ROM, @wetbiker7 has all that info in his sticky thread. It is one of the very few differences between Boost and VM, otherwise I could be more specific on the "how to" part there; we have a flashable zip on VM provided by one of our users in order to have fully functional data and MMS.

Upvote 0
Start over with a wipe and flash everything again. Skip the activation, it doesn't apply to users on Boost and VM, and just causes issues (obviously now for your experience) for the users who don't know and wait on it to do its thing. You will need to apply a 4G/APN fix as part of flashing the ROM, @wetbiker7 has all that info in his sticky thread. It is one of the very few differences between Boost and VM, otherwise I could be more specific on the "how to" part there; we have a flashable zip on VM provided by one of our users in order to have fully functional data and MMS.

Thanks, but I am a little confused. This zip that you have on the virgin mobile side, could this be used on my boost mobile phone? Also, could you link wetbikers thread on the 4G/APN fix, can't seem to find it. Will this fix also fix the MMS issue too? Since I have already flashed this rom and set it up the way I like, can I do the 4g/APN fix in the rom or does it have to be done when flashing the rom?? I would hate to lose all the customizations I have done on setting it up.

Upvote 0
Thanks, but I am a little confused. This zip that you have on the virgin mobile side, could this be used on my boost mobile phone? Also, could you link wetbikers thread on the 4G/APN fix, can't seem to find it. Will this fix also fix the MMS issue too? Since I have already flashed this rom and set it up the way I like, can I do the 4g/APN fix in the rom or does it have to be done when flashing the rom?? I would hate to lose all the customizations I have done on setting it up.

The 4g fix is at the top of the second post on this thread. It's a zip you flash. Just wipe the caches. The easiest way to fix the mms issue is listed a few pages back. I don't have the settings in front of me but it's an easy fix and you don't have to start from scratch to fix either issue.

Reactions: jreink01
Upvote 0
Ok, I looked in the first page of this thread and found the 4G/APN zip, when am I suppose to flash this?? I can't find anywhere where it says when and how to flash it, through recovery, etc?
Also, the volume in liquid smooth is low, there is also a sound mod link in the first page that takes me to another thread, will this work with liquid smooth rom, I read that thread but could not see where its compatible with this rom??

I have noticed that there is no voicemail app like in WS, is there a voicemail app available for the liquid smooth rom, or anything that alert me in the status bar that I have a voicemail?

Update - I flashed the 4G/APN zip through recovery and it appears to work fine, thanks. Now I have to try to find the MMS fix that was mentioned a few pages back.

Upvote 0
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I bet they jump out at you when you least expect. They better make me some balloon animals or something if that's the case. Damn freaky (and scary usually) clowns!

LOL... from the boot animation to sounds! Me and my daughter were watching a movie and out of nowhere that damn evil clown laugh came out from my phone when a text came in!

Upvote 0
For anyone that cares...MIUI V5 4.4.4 is hot off the press. Downloading now to test. Figured I'd let people know as there are a few here that like MIUI. :)

Edit: Nevermind about the update. It's not working properly with 4g. Neither of the fixes for sprint roms we have work with them and it appears even sprint users are having trouble with it.

Upvote 0
For anyone that cares...MIUI V5 4.4.4 is hot off the press. Downloading now to test. Figured I'd let people know as there are a few here that like MIUI. :)

Edit: Nevermind about the update. It's not working properly with 4g. Neither of the fixes for sprint roms we have work with them and it appears even sprint users are having trouble with it.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully people will read this before trying it.

Upvote 0
Hmmm.. xda ever anwser those w/o 1000+ posts on the site? Lol anyway...
I've been an occasional rooter & kernal flasher since my Sam Moment was "ported" to Boost,(before we got our androids). Your site has always helped alot. Thank you all for this place.

I just got 3 "certified pre-owned" Boost SPH-L710 S3s. I've rooted 1 & have been reading alot. Plan to set 2 up for sis & mom as gifts. Their unrooted S2s had many issues (attenna/radio, ghost shutdowns, battery, etc) Unfortunately factory 4.3 came pre-installed on these S3 phones :(

MOAR looks like all I want in a rom, EXCEPT Everything I read says DO NOT alter the bootloader, if you have stock 4.3 TW. The 1st thing this rom lists is a KNOX-free bootloader...........
I've also read, only way to to alter bootloader is in Odin (tar file) & that flashing (zip files) 4.3 roms is perfectly safe.....?

So questions:
(sorry to ask so many, but I want to hand sis & mom stable / sweet phones. Constant glitch fixes, will get them pissy I'm sure lol)

*** will flashing MOAR cause a KNOX conflict? (brick my bootup)
* i won't need to apply alot of apn or 4g fixs in TW roms correct? Just mms fix, update profile & prl yes?
* TW roms "should be" fine during a new phone activation right?

Any recommendations? For battery safe, smooth, yet efficient (Roms, kernals, gpu speeds, governers, etc)
* Is moar a good choice for stability, signal & battery use? (prl swap feature looks sweet)
* sis slams batteries (usuage, heat, black screen, swoll 2 in 8months!)
- Should I clock hers high to let cpu breathe (1.7ghz)?
- Clueless as to which governor? (Performs on demand, but easy on battery)
- Clocking app? (jrummy) rom toolbox still a good one?

THANK YOU in advance guys... Really excited to try out some of the TW roms here. I work off my phone so ASOPs scare me a bit lol.

Upvote 0

Wait really looks like my favorite rom is back in business
It's only a matter of time they'll have data sorted out I'll just stay on the liquid smooth rom extremely fast with no issues they're getting to good at this lol

Upvote 0
Wait really looks like my favorite rom is back in business
It's only a matter of time they'll have data sorted out I'll just stay on the liquid smooth rom extremely fast with no issues they're getting to good at this lol

I know man! I'm so stoked the maintainer for the Verizon MIUI rom agreed to take over the sprint version. Maybe it will turn into an lte build eventually.

Also.... Ummm. Op link for mms fix appears to led to the 1st "TEST" thread of the AF site??? Back in 2008 there was no S3 lmao.
If i need it its the "universal boost apn fix" by mopedrider correct?

Yes. Use the mopedryder fix.

Reactions: copperwerewolf
Upvote 0
The 1st thing this rom lists is a KNOX-free bootloader...........
I've also read, only way to to alter bootloader is in Odin (tar file) & that flashing (zip files) 4.3 roms is perfectly safe.....?

If you have Knox, avoid using Odin to downgrade your phone! Flashing rom zips through recovery is fine.

If you do not have Knox, you can do as you please with any flashing, zips or Odin. Jus DO NOT take the OTA update.

Upvote 0
Also.... Ummm. Op link for mms fix appears to led to the 1st "TEST" thread of the AF site??? Back in 2008 there was no S3 lmao.
If i need it its the "universal boost apn fix" by mopedrider correct?

I don't know what browser you're using but with my pc running Firefox and Chrome, that MMS fix link in the OP leads to the MMS fix for TW ROMs. The thread was created 2/13/13 and contains the correct Boost APN. Sprint ROMs change it and it needs to be reset after the 1st flash of a Sprint TW ROM. Usually it will stick and only needs to be done once.

The APN fix that was just made by MopedRyder is a mod so our phones will work on Sprint AOSP ROMs. It's not needed on TW ROMs.

Upvote 0
I don't know what browser you're using but with my pc running Firefox and Chrome, that MMS fix link in the OP leads to the MMS fix for TW ROMs. The thread was created 2/13/13 and contains the correct Boost APN. Sprint ROMs change it and it needs to be reset after the 1st flash of a Sprint TW ROM. Usually it will stick and only needs to be done once.

The APN fix that was just made by MopedRyder is a mod so our phones will work on Sprint AOSP ROMs. It's not needed on TW ROMs.

The link is working fine for me also. I'm using FireFox (on my PC.)

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0

On Tapatalk it takes you to the first thread ever created here. Lol.

On this forum not just the first created in this section.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
On Tapatalk it takes you to the first thread ever created here. Lol.

On this forum not just the first created in this section.

I had a feeling it had to do with Tapatalk. I just about mentioned it and asked if that's what he was using. I've had this happen to me in the past. lol Not only will the app read links wrong sometimes, It will also post the incorrect link from time to time. That's the reason I double check my links with a pc that were posted with Tapatalk. :D

Reactions: Kreatur3
Upvote 0
I had a feeling it had to do with Tapatalk. I just about mentioned it and asked if that's what he was using. I've had this happen to me in the past. lol Not only will the app read links wrong sometimes, It will also post the incorrect link from time to time. That's the reason I double check my links with a pc that were posted with Tapatalk. :D

I had forgotten that's where the link takes you in Tapatalk until today. I get a good laugh out of it every time. The thread is still open too.

Upvote 0
Thanks biker, read aosp needed multiple data settings flipped. Had a feeling mms was prob all I needed. Been long minute since I've done much beyond a root. Sorry for the book I posted bro.

If "open apn" command still worked + clipboard in edit mode= cake
1st post was definitely an interesting read tho lol
Btw I was digging around & had found the right mms fix later last nite (trying to do my own homework I swear)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones