• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

LOL! I'll do a search and see if i can find anything on it. :D

Youtube had some for the older one, I watched one they did a demo on a wall at one of those phone shows. They showed it and it worked well even in a bit of light. Same principle goes for the newer one.
My guess would be the upgraded the phone part add apposed to the projector part, but I could be wrong.

As I said though I won't hold breath on anything. The first one didn't make it here I highly doubt the second one will either. I will be VERY shocked if it does.

Upvote 0
Lol I was speaking of a phone with a projector I think you knew that

Youtube had some for the older one, I watched one they did a demo on a wall at one of those phone shows. They showed it and it worked well even in a bit of light. Same principle goes for the newer one.
My guess would be the upgraded the phone part add apposed to the projector part, but I could be wrong.

As I said though I won't hold breath on anything. The first one didn't make it here I highly doubt the second one will either. I will be VERY shocked if it does.

I just saw this on YouTube and this phone is freaking SICK! I had no idea something like this was even available.
Samsung Galaxy Beam Projector Phone at MWC 2012: http://youtu.be/LujZz8C9Nj8

Upvote 0
I just saw this on YouTube and this phone is freaking SICK! I had no idea something like this was even available.
Samsung Galaxy Beam Projector Phone at MWC 2012: http://youtu.be/LujZz8C9Nj8

Yep. That's the video I was referring to.
That feature alone is worth it.
Think about the projector only with a much better phone specs. ..makes me all hot and bothered every time ;)

Of any other phone on the market, this is on my most wanted phone list.

Any chance we could hound Samsung to get them to release this phone to the states?

Upvote 0
New Philz Recovery is out!

The sever is down right now. They are even complaining about it over in the XDA thread.

EDIT: I got it. I haven't went through it completely but it looks the same. One thing that wasn't working properly for me on the last build was the time zone. I just set it to the Pacific time zone and it's working like it should. SWEET!!

Upvote 0
The sever is down right now. They are even complaining about it over in the XDA thread.

EDIT: I got it. I haven't went through it completely but it looks the same. One thing that wasn't working properly for me on the last build was the time zone. I just set it to the Pacific time zone and it's working like it should. SWEET!!
You can also use the time daemon to set the time correctly

I download straight to my phone and at first I did not notice that the first goo.im screen was pretty much blank and I had to scroll down to see the selections

Upvote 0
You can also use the time daemon to set the time correctly

I download straight to my phone and at first I did not notice that the first goo.im screen was pretty much blank and I had to scroll down to see the selections

It was throwing an error code on the goo.im site. It finally got straightened out though.

Upvote 0

So the time is fixed.... oh that's awesome! I was annoyed by the wrong times on my backups

Reactions: steelyus1
Upvote 0
So the time is fixed.... oh that's awesome! I was annoyed by the wrong times on my backups

Yep. Wy said that the daemon could also be used to set the time but I never tried it on the last build. I just manually changed the name of the file after a backup.

What's this? GUIDE? Congrats, bro. :D

Upvote 0
Well, in my brief attempt to attempt to re-up my PRL & Profile using MOAR 9.0.1 Lite, I did notice that the signal was better than it was on AOKP. This has me thinking... what's the word on 4.4 TW ROMs? Which would be the best in that regard?

It's always been like that. Stock ROMS have always gotten a stronger signal than AOSP based ROMS.

It's not a simple fix either. It's been that way for me since I 1st ran CM7 3 or 4 years ago.

Upvote 0
Ok........ This section is getting stale.

Come on people....... Let's get this section active again!

I would appreciate members posting which roms you've tried and whether or not they're worth flashing.

I've tried both conquest and wicked-x. Both are running great.

Any of you out they're with the 4.4.2 bootloader running any aosp based roms? Ls, carbon, cm11,etc., that are running well?

Thanks,
wb7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones