• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Working ROMS/MODS/KERNELS/MODEMS/ECT for the Boost S3

D2LTE is a unified build built to run for several carriers. Before they came out with the D2LTE unified build we were having to remove the asserts so Sprint ROMs would flash on Boost phones.

I haven't been messing with the AOSP based ROMs lately but I'm pretty sure I remember it being mentioned that they were doing away with the D2LTE unified builds. I did check out one of the newer Sprint builds and it didn't have any asserts that needed to be removed. That means it should flash on our Boost phones with no issues. Like I said though. I haven't been messing with AOSP ROMs so I'm not sure what the other Dev teams are doing with their builds.

Thank you good sir.
just thought it was strange that it wouldn't install.
I installed wicked sensations, bliss stalk, Moar 6.0v - 9.0v, Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL-5979, Carbon, Hyperdrive RLS16 S3 Universal S3, all seem to install just fine and CORRECTION: Spirit Rom Run's problem free on my device I made a mistake.
Only 1 that I have yet to be able to install is
liquid smooth<-- I am now starting to believe now I know why Liquid smooth didnt work on my phone lmao..

Im now gonna try Euphoria build and see where that takes me lmao..
I agree now there is so much modding and romming going on its like a kid in a candy store these days lmao..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only thing I see not working on euphoria for gal S3 L710 is the normal camera & tether not working n now issues with USB saying disconnected when its not. issues other than that seem to be a great potentual for being a daily drive we will see how long this goes for so far so good . seems to have an lollipop appearance to it n that material design look . n it installed rather well I strange enough I was able to use the slim rom 4.4.4.4 gaps on it says its 5.0.2 Ver clean n pretty fast n stable

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you good sir.
just thought it was strange that it wouldn't install.
I installed wicked sensations, bliss stalk, Moar 6.0v - 9.0v, Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL-5979, Carbon, Hyperdrive RLS16 S3 Universal S3, all seem to install just fine and run problem free.
Only 2 that I have yet to be able to install is
liquid smooth, spirit rom
in the begining I had just the plain cwm recovery no touch, now I have philz recovery with touch.
Im now gonna try Euphoria build and see where that takes me lmao..
I agree now there is so much modding and romming going on its like a kid in a candy store these days lmao..

You need the newer versions of PhilZ to run those ROMs.

Upvote 0
You need the newer versions of PhilZ to run those ROMs.
I ran all them other roms from philz 6.25.0 m dlte only liquid smooth rom was the only 1 that well liquid smooth just seemed to bootloop for unknown reasons.
spirit rom would just refuse to install because I'am a big dummy that downloaded the wrong install for my phone lmao.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been running Philz 6.48.4 since July. I think it is the last one posted in the official XDA thread for Philz d2lte. There is another one that is in various Rom threads on XDA that someone built. Phil released several versions after 6.48.4 but they never got posted the official thread.

Wetbiker tested 6.57.5 and he says that backups and Restores work fine. It is also supposed to work better with Lollypop Roms.

Any version before 6.48.4 is pretty old and I would not be surprised if it has problems with newer roms.

6.59.0 is the last version that Phil released for devices but no one has built it for the S3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ran all of them other ones besides just the 2
On philz 6.25.0
It also i stalled the Euphoria 5.0.2 ver for gal s3 L710 worked great with minimal problems I really would like to use that Euphoria as a daily driver if the wireless tether worked on it which I'm sure there is a work around which I haven't found yet but I'm okay with that no biggy that thing is awesome I must say it is about the closest rom I have seen come to being lollipop yet
That roms has a lot of cool features!

I will be first to admit I may misunderstand what is being said.
I have nothing but good intentions over everything I say here is all good
I was just applying in here what worked for me so far. No worries.
And out of all people I know to trust the words of the biker.
That man is like a walking android dictionary Lmao. Shiz !!!
Wetbiker is android .
He has done nothing but help me in here and has never steered me in any wrong doing. Is why I thank him so heavy over at my support the devs n mods n guides. :D
Also if the philz ver i have, has done such a great job that it has done im more than satisfied with it . I wouldnt complain. I just thought i was helping by bringing what i felt was a new rom n reviews to the board for others.
:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is working on my phone I don't have screenshot capabilities app so I borrowed some screenshots from google to show what this nice rom looks like so ignore that it says LG
only thing is not working is camera, wireless and usb tethering and sometimes usb messes up saying connected and not connected. but everything else spot on. it appears to me to be close to the build of slimkat the gapps from that rom works on it.

Euphoria-OS.png
images
MyB3Lkq.png
4rKNqZ3.png
typUwqR.png
UWsmPLq.png
AXT5fkS.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like it but it said d2spr 20150107 said 5.0.2 but when I copied the link n pasted it in the forum I seen then it said attdlte
I plan to try it when I am near WiFi. That Same Dev did one for Sprint and one for ATT. I read through the G+ Community and he has had other Sprint builds for Kitkat versions too.

Thanks for the heads up on the Rom. Looks pretty cool.

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
Don't hear much about NFC until recently. I played with tags and they are cool, but not really that useful to me.

Been wanting to use Google Wallet with NFC but have never been able to get it to connect. Probably because I don't shop at very many places or very often.

Anyway, I tried it yesterday at the Grocery Store and Voila! Sweet. Got a surprised reaction from the people in line and especially from the Manager. She had never seen it done. . It was fast too, almost immediate. The terminal did prompt for my pin which is a little redundant considering that I had to do that in Google Wallet already, but understandable and OK by me.

OK, might not be any faster than using a card (my debit card also has NFC) but I usually have my phone handy anyway since I use Out of Milk for my Grocery List. Don't have too pull the Wallet out which is probably good too.

Oh, yeah I was on Tribute Rom.

Upvote 0
I had trouble restoring old backups with the new Philz. YMMV.

I plan to stick with the older version for backing up and use the new one for testing LP zips.

In my case, it was a TW Rom that I could not restore, Tribute but I did make a backup with the old recovery, so that finally restored.

It could be related to several things, but the short answer is that it might be tricky.

Upvote 0
I had trouble restoring old backups with the new Philz. YMMV.

I plan to stick with the older version for backing up and use the new one for testing LP zips.

In my case, it was a TW Rom that I could not restore, Tribute but I did make a backup with the old recovery, so that finally restored.

It could be related to several things, but the short answer is that it might be tricky.

Which version are you referring to as the old version? 6.48.4?

Upvote 0
Oh ok i gotcha now ty for clearing that up.
i remember posting something bout art sometime ago
ART is a new Android runtime being introduced experimentally in the 4.4 release.
This applies to if your running dalvik based roms with ART capabilities that can be activated in your developer options list in settings. It is Important: Dalvik must remain the default runtime or you risk breaking your Android implementations and third-party applications.

Most existing apps should just work when running with ART. However, some techniques that work on Dalvik do not work on ART

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh ok i gotcha now ty for clearing that up.
i remember posting something bout art sometime ago
ART is a new Android runtime being introduced experimentally in the 4.4 release.
This applies to if your running dalvik based roms with ART capabilities that can be activated in your developer options list in settings. It is Important: Dalvik must remain the default runtime or you risk breaking your Android implementations and third-party applications.

Most existing apps should just work when running with ART. However, some techniques that work on Dalvik do not work on ART
And lollipop is ART only. That's why apps take a little longer to install from the play store on lollipop Roms. On art they are compiled upon installation instead of on dalvik where they are compiled each time they are launched. Most major apps have been optimized for art now. They usually say updated for L or 5.0.

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
And lollipop is ART only. That's why apps take a little longer to install from the play store on lollipop Roms. On art they are compiled upon installation instead of on dalvik where they are compiled each time they are launched. Most major apps have been optimized for art now. They usually say updated for L or 5.0.
Sounds good to me my Friend I'am still learning and thats why im here, I know I will never know it all but Im making effort and this is why I have good friends like you, to help me along with others. I wish I could get on here more than I have been. But my love comes before anything :) She has been so awesome to me through my life she never makes excuses of why she can't never be there for me :D
Thank you Good Sir, for your help.

Upvote 0
On Tribute using Google Now Launcher. Took the update for Google Search last night. Strange thing happened. My app drawer stopped displaying my wallpaper and went completely Material Design White. I am a Dark Theme guy. This ain't going to work. Hurts my eyes.

I switched to Nova Prime Launcher, which I have not used in a year. The universe is back in alignment.

I really like ADW EX but it has not had an update since the Jurassic period.

Google will probably fix this glitch in their launcher soon enough. I like the swipe right to get the Now screen.

Edit
Well, apparently it is not a glitch.

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-now-launcher-update-brings-lollipop-look-older-devices

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones