• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot Loop - Might be in a pickle?

Hi Gang!

Greetings to everyone!! Need a little help please...

Up until last night my Droid X was running stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread but things had gotten a little glitchy, screens would hang, etc.. so I decided to root it and install a different rom to see if it would function a little better.

Rooted the device using "Pete's Motorola Root Tools" simple and to the point. Then downloaded and installed "Droid X Bootstrapper" and using it installed "liquid_shadow-ota-eng.v3.0.zip" rom. Everything went off without a hitch, rom was loaded and the phone actions were much smoother however, my camera wouldn't function.

This morning, I decided to flash it back to OEM Gingerbread so using RSD Lite v4.9 and VRZ_MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01.sbf, I commenced to flash it back. Everything was working fine and I received a message something like "please manually boot your device" and this is where it hung...

I see the red "M" and then the red flashy eye like thingy and then "Droid" but this is all I get! I tried to go back into boot loader 30.04 but I receive "Battery too low, cannot program". It is now plugged into my laptop via USB (hopefully charging??), it is now bouncing between the bootup sequence that I described earlier and a blank screen with the green notification LED lit up...

What to do, what to do??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to Android Forums DementedGeek, (great name btw)

what has happened is simple, you forgot to wipe data and cache through stock recovery.

it happens

remove the battery

put it back in
push home+power, and when it turns on, release power, but continue holding the home button

then you will see the droid exclamation mark, then from there for froyo you hit the search key to get into the menu
for gingerbread, you hit both vol up and vol down rockers, to access the menu

from there simple wipe data/factory reset
and wipe cache partition

then reboot, it will take about 2-5 minutes to boot, and then your all set.

any other questions please feel free to respond!

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones