1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boot Loop - Might be in a pickle?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DementedGeek, Dec 22, 2011.

1. DementedGeek

DementedGeek Lurker

Hi Gang!

Greetings to everyone!! Need a little help please...

Up until last night my Droid X was running stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread but things had gotten a little glitchy, screens would hang, etc.. so I decided to root it and install a different rom to see if it would function a little better.

Rooted the device using "Pete's Motorola Root Tools" simple and to the point. Then downloaded and installed "Droid X Bootstrapper" and using it installed "liquid_shadow-ota-eng.v3.0.zip" rom. Everything went off without a hitch, rom was loaded and the phone actions were much smoother however, my camera wouldn't function.

This morning, I decided to flash it back to OEM Gingerbread so using RSD Lite v4.9 and VRZ_MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01.sbf, I commenced to flash it back. Everything was working fine and I received a message something like "please manually boot your device" and this is where it hung...

I see the red "M" and then the red flashy eye like thingy and then "Droid" but this is all I get! I tried to go back into boot loader 30.04 but I receive "Battery too low, cannot program". It is now plugged into my laptop via USB (hopefully charging??), it is now bouncing between the bootup sequence that I described earlier and a blank screen with the green notification LED lit up...

What to do, what to do??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Welcome to Android Forums DementedGeek, (great name btw)

what has happened is simple, you forgot to wipe data and cache through stock recovery.

it happens

remove the battery

put it back in
    push home+power, and when it turns on, release power, but continue holding the home button

then you will see the droid exclamation mark, then from there for froyo you hit the search key to get into the menu
    for gingerbread, you hit both vol up and vol down rockers, to access the menu

from there simple wipe data/factory reset
    and wipe cache partition

then reboot, it will take about 2-5 minutes to boot, and then your all set.

any other questions please feel free to respond!

trophynuts likes this.
  3. DementedGeek

DementedGeek Lurker

Many Thanks VoidedSaint!

Looks like everything is back up and running...

Can you suggest any roms with good all around functionality (including the camera) for the Droid X running 2.3.3?

4. VoidedSaint

basically, anything in the ROM/Theme List at the top of the forum in the stickies ^_^

5. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Always plan on wiping data when changing roms. :D

6. Giggybyte

Giggybyte Newbie

whoops, wrong thread, sorry

7. VoidedSaint

you can always post questions gigabyte, but the milestone X has its own forum now, and i been patroling in there every now and then :)

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews