• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brain dead needs help!

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the site and new to the "Incredible". Love the phone and I have learned so much reading this site for days.

Here is my problem. I got an email attachment which was a PDF file and I can't open it. Let me make that clearer. I am in no way a wiz on this phone so could someone take pity on me and give me steps on how to do this?

I looked and looked and even googled on how to do this but I'm not sure what I need to look for.

I have Beam PDF, PDF reader, and lord knows many more apps but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.

All I want is something like what I have now which when I get Excel spreedsheets as soon as I download the attachment it opens right up. This is not doing this so I'm sure it's the users fault.

Thanks you so much,
Sami

Welcome to the forum! :D
Gee, 46 views and not one person can tell me how to open an attachment? Thought this would be the place to ask this question.
Erm, can I just make two observations?

1. You posted 25 hours ago, and then posted again a few hours later. Please allow us time to get off work or school or whatever, browse the forum, and come across your post.
  2. Yes, there's been nearly 50 views and no response. Perhaps this is because your subject line and first sentence gives no clue about your problem. Had you written "How do I view a GMail PDF attachment?" you would certainly have made it easier for the right people to find you.
Notice I said "the right people". I may be the one to welcome you here and point out a few things, but unfortunately I have never had reason to work with GMail attachments in Android, so I have no solution for you.

Best of luck, though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones