• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Brand New Atrix Powering Off and won't Reboot

coasterbrad

Lurker
Aug 18, 2011
Hi everyone,

I just bought an Atrix4G yesterday afternoon. I am very pleased with it so far as far as capabilities go. This is my first Smart Phone so obviously I am very impressed.

However, in the time that I have had it (< 20hrs), it has powered off on it's own multiple times. After a few minutes of inactivity it will shut off and won't reboot. Removing the battery is the only way I am getting it back on. Should I be on my way back to the store for a replacement, or is something I am doing causing this problem?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

-Brad

Hello,

I just got my new Atrix on August 17th. On the 18th I had the very same problem. After sitting for about 30 minutes on the car seat, warm, but not excessively so, I picked the phone up to use it. It had powered itself off and wouldn't restart until I removed the battery and reinstalled it. The battery had a full charge. Am I headed for more problems?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Keith

Upvote 0
I went back to the store today to talk with them about this issue. They replaced both of my charging cables and said that could be the cause of the problem. It has gotten worse throughout today occurring every hour or so. I'll go back tomorrow or Sunday and replace the phone, hoping it's just a defected one.

It sounds like a few out of every "batch" are having this problem, but a replacement should fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones