• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

infamous16

Lurker
Apr 13, 2011
so i just grabbed the mesmerize at my local USCC store and i was planning on rooting it like my other android phones that i have had..Ive been reading alot about how to root it and im still kinda having trouble. the software version is 2.3.5 E120, and most people when they talk about rooting this phone seem to have 2.3.4 EH09 or something like that... am i able to root my phone with that software? if someone can just kinda push me in the right direction that would be great. I know that it involves using a program odin and flashing stuff onto it but im very skeptical and confused about how to do that. Ive been reading threads on almost every forum including rootzwiki so if someone can just give me a tiny bit of help im sure i can get this all figured out. thanks!

go here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/samsungmesmerize/

at the top you'll see docs instructions. Basically using Odin go back to 2.2, then flash the rooted gingerbread 2.3.

From there install the rom of your choice(and compatible) with the mesmerize(not everyone is) using clockworkmod.

Really easy, but take your time. You need to repartition for Froyo(checkmark in Odin), then NOT do it for Gingerbread.

follow the doc Steps to go all the way back to D14, then EH09, then CWM

closely and you'll be all good.

Upvote 0
go here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/samsungmesmerize/

at the top you'll see docs instructions. Basically using Odin go back to 2.2, then flash the rooted gingerbread 2.3.

From there install the rom of your choice(and compatible) with the mesmerize(not everyone is) using clockworkmod.

Really easy, but take your time. You need to repartition for Froyo(checkmark in Odin), then NOT do it for Gingerbread.

follow the doc Steps to go all the way back to D14, then EH09, then CWM

closely and you'll be all good.

so that doc that you linked is all i need to root my phone? if i just follow all those instructions then itll be good and i dont have to do anything else?

when its all finished and rooted, itll be a rooted version of GB not froyo correct?

Upvote 0
download the awesome sauce rom

place it on your sd card.

boot into recovery

install from sd card option

wait for finish then reboot phone.

If you get the full version of clockwork mod, you can do a complete backup then install awesome sauce, restore back to miui afterwards with no loss of data.

Upvote 0
I have found that you can't just flash over miui on mesmerize. I've had to reflash to stock froyo with Odin and swupdater to get back to gingerbread. I have also had a lot of problems with the radio not working properly when flashing a few differant roms ....... h57, miui, cm7. the only rom that seems properly compatible with my phone is awesome sauce which by the way I have got better linpack scores with anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones