• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked China tablet?

EuKiwi

Lurker
Jan 12, 2019
Hey all...

I was looking to put a custom recovery on a wish.com Chinese tablet, and it seems the backup of the recovery.rom I took was defective - I tried a TWRP ROM for a 'similar' TP-Link phone based device, however the whole thing now is stuck on the android logo for main boot, and recovery just hangs and reboots. I only have fastboot mode...

I tried reflashing the backed up recovery.rom, but no joy.

Any thoughts? There's no way I can get a recovery image from the manufacturer...

In case anyone has one, it's the '11.6" 1600x1200 IPS" blah blah tablet on wish.com, supposedly with a deca-core Mediatek chip but I think that's faked as well, given I've never seen the last 4 cores or so with any load on them... :)

Long time reader, first time poster - up until now I've managed fine, but feel I may have borked it this time - worth a question at least. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

I'm aware of that post, however I have no idea of device information. It literally comes up with fastboot device as 0123456789ABCDEF. As mentioned, it's a no-name wish.com tablet. Searching for 11.6" android tablets on ebay or wish will show up the one I have. (10 core Mediatek, although I think as mentioned that is fake as well).

There are no identifying labels/marks/stamps anywhere on the device.

Box says Android 7.0 but in system info the software version that was apparently on it was 8.1.

I hadn't had a chance to root it - was trying to get TWRP on it to do this. Bootloader unlocked though.

Upvote 0
I'm aware of that post, however I have no idea of device information. It literally comes up with fastboot device as 0123456789ABCDEF. As mentioned, it's a no-name wish.com tablet. Searching for 11.6" android tablets on ebay or wish will show up the one I have. (10 core Mediatek, although I think as mentioned that is fake as well).

There are no identifying labels/marks/stamps anywhere on the device.

Box says Android 7.0 but in system info the software version that was apparently on it was 8.1.

I hadn't had a chance to root it - was trying to get TWRP on it to do this. Bootloader unlocked though.
MEAns u havs to know the chinese name of the phone and search it and use adb sideload to install it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones