• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked(?) Huawei WAS-LX1A

umberto93g

Aug 9, 2023
Hello everyone!

I've worked a lot with my P10 Lite and now i think I'm bricked. I'm blocked on recovery (emui doesn't start). I tried with Huawei eRecovery to "download latest version and recovery", but he says "getting package info failed". I tried pressing the 3 keys (with set folder dload etc..) and the installation fails at 5%. So through Multi Tool i have this situation:

Multi Tool 5.png

I have a Huawei P10 Lite WAS-LX1A with kirin 658. Is there any way to reset everything and recover it?? Thank you!!!

Emui doesn't start. My phone is blocked in recovery. I can enter on fastboot (bootloader is unlocked). How I can connect my phone with Hisuite?

I have change the OEMinfo 2 times, whit this result:

First change

Last change

How is it possible that OEM changes firmware?
Do you mean you can't access recovery? Not sure what you mean by your recovery is blocked. What happened to the phone? How did it get in this state?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Do you mean you can't access recovery? Not sure what you mean by your recovery is blocked. What happened to the phone? How did it get in this state?
Sorry, probably my English is not good. I only can enter in recovery mode (eRecovery or TWRP). Emui doesn't start.

I followed this guide to change phone version (from C02 Single SIM to C432 Dual SIM). I flashed (rollback) Android 7 with HiSuite from Android 8. After this my phone worked good with Android 7.

So I tried upgrade to Android 8 on "setting / about phone" and with HiSuite, but both not found updates.

Through Multi Tool I had this: the device name undefined; hi6250 processor; OEMinfo not identified. I think all was wrong, i have a Huawei P10 Lite WAS-LX1A with kirin 658.

Multi Tool.png

So I tried to flash an Android 10 Custom Rom with TWRP (full wipe) but it gives me error and it doesn't install them. After I tried the forced update (setting "dload" folder) pressing the 3 keys (vol - vol + Power) and the installation fails at 5%.

After i tried to change Oeminfo again with TWRP with a oem found online:

Multi Tool 3.png

Again, the updates with TWRP and "forced update - dload folder" fails.

So, for the last time, i tried change the oeminfo with my backup and now i have this:

Multi Tool 5.png

Again, the updates with TWRP and "forced update - dload folder" fails.

I have no idea how repare it.. :( :( Please help

p.s.: i hope i explained, sorry for my english.

Upvote 0
ok you need to stop. you never mentioned that your phone is rooted and that you have a custom recovery (TWRP). flashing firmwares on a rooted phone can make things more difficult. not sure on your phone, but some firmwares could, unroot the phone, or make it harder to flash and do thing. most firmwares include security updates that can close any vulnerabilities that might have been used to root. also some firmwares can include a stock recovery and wipe TWRP off of the phone. you need to be very careful when you root.

can you get to twrp? if so, do you have a nandroid backup? if not, then that was your 1st mistake. the biggest reason to root and have a custom recovery is so that you can make a nandroid backup.

you mentioned an error while trying to flash a custom. what did the error say?

what custom rom did you try to flash? do you have a link?

and keep in mind that i do not have your phone, nor do i know anything it.

Upvote 0
ok you need to stop. you never mentioned that your phone is rooted and that you have a custom recovery (TWRP). flashing firmwares on a rooted phone can make things more difficult. not sure on your phone, but some firmwares could, unroot the phone, or make it harder to flash and do thing. most firmwares include security updates that can close any vulnerabilities that might have been used to root. also some firmwares can include a stock recovery and wipe TWRP off of the phone. you need to be very careful when you root.

can you get to twrp? if so, do you have a nandroid backup? if not, then that was your 1st mistake. the biggest reason to root and have a custom recovery is so that you can make a nandroid backup.

you mentioned an error while trying to flash a custom. what did the error say?

what custom rom did you try to flash? do you have a link?

and keep in mind that i do not have your phone, nor do i know anything it.
I know, I screwed up.

The custom rom I've tried are these:

I don't have a nandroid backup :(

On eRecovery I select "download latest version and recovery", i connect wifi and starting the search it says "getting package info failed"
With forced update (folder dload etc..) the installation fails at 5%.

Thank you very much for helping me.

Upvote 0
ok i do not know what to tell you. and i can't think of a solution other than to flash a firmware update....which looks like you have tried. since you have a working custom recovery, restoring a nandroid backup would have solved your issue (i think). but alas you do not so i do not know where you go from here. have you posted on xda your issue? maybe on this thread:Huawei P10 Lite (WAS-LX1 or WAS-LX1A) Rebrand / Convert Single Sim to Dual Sim

Upvote 0
ok i do not know what to tell you. and i can't think of a solution other than to flash a firmware update....which looks like you have tried. since you have a working custom recovery, restoring a nandroid backup would have solved your issue (i think). but alas you do not so i do not know where you go from here. have you posted on xda your issue? maybe on this thread:Huawei P10 Lite (WAS-LX1 or WAS-LX1A) Rebrand / Convert Single Sim to Dual Sim
I think this thread is dead, but i can try.

I've wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache, vendor.

I have a question: with backup of another P10 lite could i solve my problem?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I think this thread is dead, but i can try.

I've wipe: data, cache, dalvik cache, vendor.

I have a question: with backup of another P10 lite could i solve my problem?
It might work, not sure.....never tried it. Haven't heard or come across this question. I think in theory, it should work. But don't quote me on it.

Upvote 0
nope.....sorry
I have good news. I followed the Rebrand / Convert Single Sim to Dual Sim guide again and now it works!

I'll tell you what I did:

- I restored the OEM info via TWRP -> Restore: WAS-LX1A C432 Dual Sim OEMinfo (Download link)

- Installed new firmware with forced update: WARSAW-L21A C432B182 EU SERVICE (Download link)

This is what MultiTool gives me:

Multi Tool 6.png

I upgraded the phone starting from WAS-LX1AC432B182 up to WAS-LX1AC432B210. Now it doesn't find new updates and I'm currently stuck with Android 7 and Emui 5.1.1.

Is it possible that the Warsaw-L21A C432B182 EU SERVICE is a special version for technical support and my phone and HiSuite can't find me the Android 8 update for this reason?

EDIT:

Is it normal that the smartphone version has remained WAS-LX1A even using a WAS-L21A forced update firmware? It probably comes from the OEMinfo put.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure on the 1st question. why not just flash a custom rom that has the update. i have not looked to see what is available. since you are rooted, there is no need to flash a firmware update. i would not worry about being up to date.

and again i am not sure, but i would not worry about it since you are rooted.

if your phone works now, i would make a nandroid backup. and keep a copy on the phone as well as on your pc.

Upvote 0
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not sure on the 1st question. why not just flash a custom rom that has the update. i have not looked to see what is available. since you are rooted, there is no need to flash a firmware update. i would not worry about being up to date.

and again i am not sure, but i would not worry about it since you are rooted.

if your phone works now, i would make a nandroid backup. and keep a copy on the phone as well as on your pc.
I think i'm not rooted. How can i check it?

My bootloader is locked and i don't have a TWRP.

Upvote 0
"Rooted" refers to the state of the ROM, i.e. whether it has been modified so that the user can grant admin rights to user-installed apps. So if the ROM part of the sequence of files you flashed was stock (official software) then your phone will not be rooted. My guess would be that it isn't rooted, since a process that replaces TWRP with a stock recovery and locks the bootloader doesn't sound like one that will install a rooted ROM.

I upgraded the phone starting from WAS-LX1AC432B182 up to WAS-LX1AC432B210. Now it doesn't find new updates and I'm currently stuck with Android 7 and Emui 5.1.1.

Is it possible that the Warsaw-L21A C432B182 EU SERVICE is a special version for technical support and my phone and HiSuite can't find me the Android 8 update for this reason?
I'm not familiar with modifying Huawei phones, so can't say. But yes, it is possible that the update path for one model, or one firmware version of one model, doesn't go as high as for another. If you've been flashing firmware for one model onto a different model it's also not impossible that the official update process looks at your device and says "hang on, something's not right here" and refuses to install any further updates, though in that case I'd think it more likely that it would apply no updates at all than that it would update so far and no further.
EDIT:

Is it normal that the smartphone version has remained WAS-LX1A even using a WAS-L21A forced update firmware? It probably comes from the OEMinfo put.
Well the "normal" thing that happens if you succeed in flashing a different model's firmware onto a phone is that the phone is hard-bricked ;).

I guess this is a device where they built one set of hardware and then disabled the dual SIM functionality via firmware in some regions or for some carriers, because that's the only way I can see what you've done here actually working. But my point is that being able to do this is a special case, so probably the only people who could say with confidence what to expect would be those who have performed similar mods on this model, or at least another Huawei of similar age. You could ask in one of those XDA threads, if there is anyone still watching them, but it's not a question I can answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones