• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bring on the Iphone4 To Compare with Big EVO!!!

I think the videos that have been out since more or less confirm it. At any rate, the iPhone performs like a low-end HD video camera, the Evo performs like an HD video camera phone. This will probably be semantic by the end of the year, though it remains to be seen whether the Evo has the supporting hardware to do better HD.

Check out the N8 videos, those are a notch above the iPhone. Good HD video is coming, it's only a matter of time.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• EVO-R1.jpg
    EVO-R1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i have great vision and both are equal. but its okay i understand your love for apple and the iphone. no doubt iphone is a good phone as are many phones on the market today. you can keep your apple blinders on and focus on them =). i dont have either evo or iphone so im not biased in any way. im seeing things for what they are and that video recorded w. the ip4 is no greater than the video recorded w. the evo.

okay i take that back after comparing the videos again...the sky in the iphone video looks BLAND AND DULL compared to the video shot w. the evo. colors in the evo is crisper and the background action keeps up w. the camera no lag. so i guess that quality over quantity argument is complete garbage in this instant. as for other "new improvements" apple made such as folders which blackberry has been doing this for years is not even a good feature. seems to me apple is spoon feeding iphone users small updates and they are going gaga over them because they are not used to since their previous model didnt have it. seen and heard it all before.
I have both and a HD2, so how about you look both ways before hitting reply.

I'm no Apple fanboy and I'm not blind like you, and it's clear as day the iPhone 4 shoots better video, period. Am I gonna go out and buy an iPhone 4? No. I'm happy with my Evo 4G, my iPhone 2G and HD2.

Upvote 0
I seriously wonder if the guy who did the video test checked if he was recording on 720p. I went to look at my video recording settings and it was set on default VGA 640x480. Would that make a difference on what we saw on the video?

Are you talking about this video? Because if you are, the original source file from BOTH cameras are available for download and review. The iPhone simply wiped the floor on this one.

YouTube - HTC Evo 4G Indoor Video Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GB8YYe0UCU&feature=channel

Upvote 0
Watching how people's iphone 4's are losing signal because you are touching the side of the phone makes the 30fps cap seem like nothing. That is something that would really bother me. It may not matter as much when you are in a strong signal area but imagine how fast these calls will drop when you only have 2 bars to begin with. And data speeds are being shown to drop very quickly with this problem.

I guess we wont have to hear all the iphone fanboys say "it just works" as much after this garbage is pushed out. Because it really doesnt just work. And people want to blame at&t. They are the whipping boy in all of this. Yet i dont hear about every other phone dropping so many calls on at&t.

I think apple got too cute with this iphone 4. They are so stuck on being magical that it will come back to bite them in the arse.

Since i have been with sprint almost a year i can say i may have dropped 1 call. And that was to a friend on an iphone so it probably wasnt even me.

Android...."it just works".

Reactions: muncher
Upvote 0
Yes the iPhone 4's video looks better than the EVO's.. I expected that and who cares really. HTC compresses the hell out of our video recording but it does great for what I will use it for (capturing jack asses do jack ass things). My EVO takes great pictures and videos. Anybody else sick of all the iPhone/Android dick measuring?

Reactions: gowcaizer1978
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well he said in his video no setting of adjustment where made so he didn't get the best from the EVO.If your going to do a comparison do it at its best not half@$$.
Neither was the iPhone, if you adjust the settings on the iPhone 4 it will STILL shoot better video.

I mean, can you guys just give it up, the Evo will get beat multiples times in the 720p battle no matter what, period. Don't blame Apple or be mad at the iPhone 4 for doing it RIGHT, be mad at HTC for doing it WRONG.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones