• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broke my GNex :-(

wrecklass

Jun 9, 2010
Dropped it from the kitchen counter and shattered the screen. After months of being my favorite Android phone it now has a cracked screen. Sad because I know I won't get another GNex, and my replacement date isn't until December.

Although, because I don't pay for protection, at least I can afford to buy a new phone if I have to.

Pretty sure you can order a new screen and put it on yourself. If I recall there's a few videos on YouTube that walk you through replacing the screen.

You can also check around in your area for phone repair shops, and call to ask about how much it would cost to have them put on a new screen for you.

At least you didn't decide yours was dirty and send it though the washer and dryer. My boyfriend toasted his IMEI that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones