• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broke my gorilla glass on my Moto Triumph

Hey everyone, my Triumph fell right on the corner breaking the glass. I had the glass protector off too, so it does have some sharp edges now. I only have one protector screen for another phone but i was thinking of putting it on for now to keep from loosing glass or cutting myself accidently. I know once it's on, it's not coming off. Do you think this is a good idea for now?

I do have insurance through VM so i will have to get another phone. But i think it's $100. I'm looking for a cheap fix. If i have to return it, so be it. Would an Ebay digitizer work well? Are they hard to change or inferior quality?

I also have a custom ROM installed. Would i need to go back to stock before sending it in?

Don't judge me on this one. Should i just say it was stolen, or send it back in broken?

I will be honest about it. I have read a few threads stating that VM replaced others phones when broke and also read a few horror stories.

I have insurance and thought the deductible was $80, but read where it is now $100. I went from a Samsung Intercept to Moto Triumph. Maybe there is a $20 difference or it just went up since then.

Has anybody had any luck installing a new digitizer? Looks simple enough for me, but i wonder about the quality and scratch resistance compared to Gorrilla Glass?

I want to put a screen protector on to keep from cutting myself, but i know from then on there is no return, so to speak. I guess i might as well, it needs replaced anyway.

Upvote 0
Is the VM 1-800-322-1122 number even working anymore? I hear it connect, then disconnect every time.

I found a 1-800 numer in a thread or two. Looks like it's an 888 number.

Luckily they said it was still under warranty, so they will replace it. I'm sure damage on my part isn't covered, but thankfully they worked with me on this one. I'm not sure if i will be getting a new phone or remanufactured one, but anything would be good enough for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones