• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Broken Epic 4g touch

kFitz

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
Quick question for you guys...The power button on my e4gt broke on me and is a pain in the ass to use now. I want to buy another e4gt with a broken screen and swap that motherboard (which has the power button soldered to it) with the one in my phone. Would this work that simple? Then I would just take my phone into Sprint and have them register the new esn? Thanks for any help!

It will work yes as long as there the same but keep in mind changeing parts out can br a hassle Ive done this with a couple of old prevails I had and they worked just fine the only main problem I had was placeing the screws back in that part sucked.

I would just get another one or take it in as the above poster is right its better then borking your warranty for the device (thats if you have it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones