• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Broken in 3 days - Otterbox Defender

Did they ask you to return the broken case?

I asked for a refund - got a response like three weeks later and they want me to return the broken case before I get a refund. The service rep told me I would receive a follow up email with instructions on how to ship it back.

I never received that email, lol. He also mentioned that they were working on fixing the issue.

Upvote 0
Got an entire new case yesterday. In the few emails back and forth, sounds like they are working on the issue, but are still sending out cases that are gonna break... doesn't make much sense, but I guess we'll have to find out when they have a better design and get new ones again.

Upvote 0
Like so many, mine broke, but I really didn't care. I never use it. I asked customer service for a new kickstand, I had no problem snapping a new one in, but they sent out a new box, I got it in 2 days, no questions asked.

Yeah, they probably should have made a better effort at that, but the customer service is top notch, and that earns a few points with me. The Ballistic (I don't have one) seems to have a similar problem, it just may last 2 months instead of one..

Upvote 0
Well I bought my OB Defender 18 November 2012 from a retail store in Perth Western Australia, 25 November 2012 the part of the OB Defender that holds the belt clip open so it can act as a 'Landscape' stand when my Galaxy S3 is on charge on the bed side cabinet snapped off, fortunately didn't fall off the cabinet or damage the phone...Just woke me up with the loud Click/Clack, I didn't realise what had happened until this morning.

Just sent a email to OB Customer Support....Guess what? Closed for Thanks Giving:-(

I'm disappointed but hopeful they will look sympathetic at my warranty claim as I really like the OB Defender case/holster.

Mine looks a little more robust than yours though and has the Belt clip/stand in the centre of the holster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones