• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Browser apk

Can somebody tell me how to install it back on my phone? I removed it while debloating. Installing a system app requires more steps, correct? I guess I'll do odex so I can learn how to get both files installed. I assume if I can install odex version then I can handle deodex since it's just the apk.

Upvote 0
Can somebody tell me how to install it back on my phone? I removed it while debloating. Installing a system app requires more steps, correct? I guess I'll do odex so I can learn how to get both files installed. I assume if I can install odex version then I can handle deodex since it's just the apk.

After installation, use titanium backup, ROM toolbox or Lucky patcher (available in playstore) to convert to system app. SuperR removes it cuz stock browser crashes/FC's when u try to DL anything... Chrome is much better on this phone.. :beer::cool:

Upvote 0
I would just use a root file manager such as es file explorer, make sure you enable r/w access for /system, copy the 2 files in to /system/app, change the permissions to match all the other files in that directory, enjoy.
After installation, use titanium backup, ROM toolbox or Lucky patcher (available in playstore) to convert to system app. SuperR removes it cuz stock browser crashes/FC's when u try to DL anything... Chrome is much better on this phone.. :beer::cool:

He wasn't sure how to install it in the first place so it probably won't help to make it a system app lol. FYI, I did not remove Browser.apk, I removed Chrome. I do agree with what you said however...stock browser messes downloads up sometimes and chrome is better ;)

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones