• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser constantly refreshes?

Ibrick

Android Expert
Feb 21, 2011
Milwaukee
I did some searching and can't find any mentions of this issue.

For some reason, when I launch the browser, Google homepage just refreshes over and over again until I hit the stop button.

Tried everything I can think of, clearing data, cache, disabling, re-enabling, changing settings, nothing works. Tried numerous different browsers and they all work fine, which would be no problem, but the black menu bar needs to go.

Anyone else having this problem? Or better yet know what's causing it?

I did some searching and can't find any mentions of this issue.

For some reason, when I launch the browser, Google homepage just refreshes over and over again until I hit the stop button.

Tried everything I can think of, clearing data, cache, disabling, re-enabling, changing settings, nothing works. Tried numerous different browsers and they all work fine, which would be no problem, but the black menu bar needs to go.

Anyone else having this problem? Or better yet know what's causing it?

This happens to me frequently but inconsistently, and only on the main google search page (google.com). I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but it hasn't been a big issue either. It does stop when I push the stop button on the browser navigation bar.

Upvote 0
I found a working mod to re-map the 'recents' softkey as a 'menu' key removing the black menu bar. It doesn't have long press actions yet, so its kind of a one or the other type deal at the moment.

I did figure out that if you stay signed out of Google in the browser app it stops the constant refreshing. So if anyone else has this issue there's one way of stopping it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones