• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Build Number Upgrade?!

nicokey17

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
Hello. I am new to this forum thing!

I see that a lot Hero owners have the 2.73 Build Number! Well my phone still says

Firmware Version - 1.5
Build Number - 1.56.651.2 (and some more numbers)
Software Version - 1.56.651.2

It seems to me as though I need an upgrade! I have looked through the forums to see how I can get to 2.73, but none of them gave a direct answer! If there is a post out there with this information, can someone be kind enough to post it here? Or just give me step by step directions on how I can get this?! I would greatly appreciate it!

Other Information - I tried going to the HTC site for an upgrade, but it doesn't show anything there, only for Sync upgrades. Thank you in advance! :):):)

I see that a lot Hero owners have the 2.73 Build Number! Well my phone still says

Firmware Version - 1.5
Build Number - 1.56.651.2 (and some more numbers)
Software Version - 1.56.651.2

2.73.xxx.xx is the latest GSM build. You have a CDMA (Sprint) handset I believe, as 1.56.651.x appears to be the most recent revision for that device.

I'll move this into the Sprint Hero forum anyway, where someone with more direct knowledge will hopefully give you a definitive answer.

Upvote 0
2.73.xxx.xx is the latest GSM build. You have a CDMA (Sprint) handset I believe, as 1.56.651.x appears to be the most recent revision for that device.

I'll move this into the Sprint Hero forum anyway, where someone with more direct knowledge will hopefully give you a definitive answer.

Your are correct, cdma phones (sprint phones) current version is 1.5 build

Upvote 0
I have
Firmware Version - 1.5
Build Number - 1.29.651.1
Software Version - 1.29.651.1

How can I get 1.56.651.2

There was a manufacturers release of this software, which you can download directly over the air. Follow the instructions on this site:

Support - Article

Basically, just go to the over the air update, go to menu, settings, about phone, system updates and finally choose firmware update.

Upvote 0
yes, I would say you need to contact PagePlus to see if they will support your hero with the sprint build 1.5 software. In theory, you should be able to update the build software to the newer version and then get the carrier - pageplus to help you with the settings for their network.

I think the upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5 offered the speaker and mute buttons on a call and some battery improvements plus the SMS fix (reason for battery issues)

Upvote 0
yes the latest software build is Sprint 1.56.651.2. That is the version that has the improvements I mentioned. AFAIK. Your Hero is at the onset version which sprint/HTC improved upon for many reasons but mostly due to short battery performance issues with the SMS app holding the phone on. This may not be an issue with your PagePlus usage but it was for the Sprint users.

All the custom ROMS out now run the 1.56 build because that is the latest to base the ROM upon.

So in final, what you are asking is for an update to your 1.29 build software, not an update for the firmware 1.5 Android OS.

Upvote 0
Ok call pageplus and ask them if they have a method for you to get an updated version of the software for your hero. Or if they don't, ask them if they can help you set the phone up for pageplus as the software update 1.56 is sprint only. That means it presets the modem settings for the sprint network.

Now, I don't know what type of network settings PagePlus has so I am not sure that it is that different. PP may be using Sprint anyways but there would be a specific modem dial code perhaps for the PP network. You will have to ask them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones