• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

umberto93g

Aug 9, 2023
Hi, I have a question: does the Build version affect the Custom ROM?

I have a P10 lite with a "WAS-LX1A 8.0.0.362 (C432)" build and i installed a Custom Rom based on crDroid 10. However the latest official build available was "WAS-LX1A 8.0.0.394 (C432)". Does this mean that the phone is affected by the build and therefore it would have been better to install 394 first?

Thanks

Hi, I have a question: does the Build version affect the Custom ROM?

I have a P10 lite with a "WAS-LX1A 8.0.0.362 (C432)" build and i installed a Custom Rom based on crDroid 10. However the latest official build available was "WAS-LX1A 8.0.0.394 (C432)". Does this mean that the phone is affected by the build and therefore it would have been better to install 394 first?

Thanks
it will depend on the rom and how the dev designed it. you will have to read any disclaimers, bugs and or fixes. take the time to read thru the 3 or so pages to see if there are any issues.

and before you do anything make a nandroid backup if you have not already. save one on your phone, and i would also save one to your computer as well. if it does not work, than you can always flash back by restoring a nandroid backup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it will depend on the rom and how the dev designed it. you will have to read any disclaimers, bugs and or fixes. take the time to read thru the 3 or so pages to see if there are any issues.

any before you do anything make a nandroid backup if you have not already. save one on your phone, and i would also save one to your computer as well. if it does not work, than you can always flash back by restoring a nandroid backup.
How can i make a nandroid backup? I have a TWRP 3.4.0.0 and on "backup" i don't see "nandroid"

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
How can i make a nandroid backup? I have a TWRP 3.4.0.0 and on "backup" i don't see "nandroid"
so in twrp you will not find the term nandroid backup. but it is a very common root terminology that you should familiar yourself with. a nandroid backup is just that a backup. in twrp it will ask you what you want to back up. you should at the very least backup system, data, and boot.

also do not forget to wipe properly. twrp i believe has a factory reset function which will wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. once wiped then you can flash the custom rom.

Reactions: umberto93g
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones