1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Bump App PERMANENTLY changed contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chunkdude, Oct 25, 2010.

1. chunkdude

chunkdude Member

Aug 23, 2010
    so here is my problem. i downloaded the bump app, tested it with a friend, and it completely screwed up his contact info on my phone. its showing me his same phone number displayed in 3 different ways, all kinds of information i dont want to have, and has added in the "Notes" of the contact, Added by Bump on.

i have deleted bump, i want zero traces of it ever being on my phone. unfortunately, all this excess contact information is still there when i go to my contacts. when i click edit, it only shows me the fields that i originally put into the phone (one email, one phone number). when i click done, it still has all the Bump stuff which has tripled the length and amount of info on that contact.

when i unlink the contact from facebook i lose the image, but it goes back to displaying just the one number and email. when i re-link it to facebook, it brings back all the uneditable bump information, none of which is actually on facebook.

i dont know what else to do. it doesnt matter if i edit the contact on my phone or on the computer.

i just basically want my phone back to how it was before bump ever touched it. i dont like the fact it stores information on my phone that not only can i not decide what, i cant change or remove it apparently.

help!

Advertisement

Tags: