• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Button Brightness Control

Misato

Aug 29, 2010
Is there any way to control the brightness of the 4 bottom buttons, the home, back, menu and search buttons? I use my phone to watch movies in bed when I can't sleep, and in a dark room those 4 things are really bright, and never turn off, it gets distracting.

I'd never thought of turning the brightness down, just knew as mentioned above that they could be turned off fully. What a great idea though, we should try to put the work out there maybe an app developer with android phone would be interested in that, and could get it to work, or maybe it's something we could request Koush to look into if he has the time.. Just some thoughts, I like the idea.

Upvote 0
I'd never thought of turning the brightness down, just knew as mentioned above that they could be turned off fully. What a great idea though, we should try to put the work out there maybe an app developer with android phone would be interested in that, and could get it to work, or maybe it's something we could request Koush to look into if he has the time.. Just some thoughts, I like the idea.

As mentioned, the only way to do this is with an app and you are rooted, since a regular app cannot access the lights, as far as I know. However, there are some apps that stay on but the buttons do dim (Gentle Alarm in Night mode), so I don't know what is going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones