• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buy a case! Or else...

Someone requested pics of the leather case from Verizon. Here you go...
bwthor-albums-btinc-picture1164-incfront.jpg

bwthor-albums-btinc-picture1163-incback.jpg

Upvote 0
So, I just dropped my phone without insurance (I owned 2 iPhones over the past 2 years and never dropped them, so I figured I wouldn't need it). I wish my phone looked like the OP. His phone is still usable on a longterm basis. See the attached picture, mine is usable on a temporary basis but I'm trying to figure out what my options are. It still functions perfectly, but I can hardly see the screen due to the cracks.

Does anyone know of replacement screens for the Incredible? Also, I've tried contacting HTC about this, but haven't heard back yet. Do they offer any sort of screen replacement repair? On my iPhone, Apple would replace the screen for $200 if you dropped it.

Also, I was just putting the phone in my pocket from about 3ish feet. I missed my pocket and it landed on the concrete. I was fully intending to get a case, but I was waiting for a nice case from Seidio. I knew I should've gotten a temporary case from VZW!

Please no comments about Apple/iPhone's/etc, I just want help for my poor Incredible. :(

Attachments

• IMG950520.jpg
    IMG950520.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Paynomind - thanks for sharing. Really sorry about your phone.

Maybe this all goes the questionable build quality and that "plasticky" feel that reviewers talk about. Don't get me wrong - I really love the phone from what I've seen and I'm gonna get one anyway. But now, I'm definitely going to get insurance and I'll purchase a case right away (maybe before I get the phone).

Hope you get a new one and have good luck with it.

Upvote 0
So, I just dropped my phone without insurance (I owned 2 iPhones over the past 2 years and never dropped them, so I figured I wouldn't need it). I wish my phone looked like the OP. His phone is still usable on a longterm basis. See the attached picture, mine is usable on a temporary basis but I'm trying to figure out what my options are. It still functions perfectly, but I can hardly see the screen due to the cracks.

Does anyone know of replacement screens for the Incredible? Also, I've tried contacting HTC about this, but haven't heard back yet. Do they offer any sort of screen replacement repair? On my iPhone, Apple would replace the screen for $200 if you dropped it.

Also, I was just putting the phone in my pocket from about 3ish feet. I missed my pocket and it landed on the concrete. I was fully intending to get a case, but I was waiting for a nice case from Seidio. I knew I should've gotten a temporary case from VZW!

Please no comments about Apple/iPhone's/etc, I just want help for my poor Incredible. :(

You can still call VZW and get the assurian insurance. Then wait a few days and call in the cracked screen. The insurance is definitely cost effective for you.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I just spoke to HTC and I have to mail the phone in for them to assess how much the screen replacement will cost. :( I'll be without my phone for about 2 weeks.

Sorry to see you go through this. I went through the exact same thing with my HTC Blue Angle PDA phone, dropped it and shattered the screen less than 2 hours after activating it. :-(

But it could be worse, at least the device wasn't lost or stolen, then you'd have to start from scratch. So keep your head up :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to see you go through this. I went through the exact same thing with my HTC Blue Angle PDA phone, dropped it and shattered the screen less than 2 hours after activating it. :-(

But it could be worse, at least the device wasn't lost or stolen, then you'd have to start from scratch. So keep your head up :)

Yeah, it's definitely not fun. I am very happy that the phone still works perfectly. It could have just as easily broken something on the inside and then I'd really be in trouble.

Do you remember how much they charged you to replace the screen? I'm just trying to figure out how much more I'll have to shell out for it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's definitely not fun. I am very happy that the phone still works perfectly. It could have just as easily broken something on the inside and then I'd really be in trouble.

Do you remember how much they charged you to replace the screen? I'm just trying to figure out how much more I'll have to shell out for it.

They quoted me at just over $200 at the time which was ok but it was going without the phone for a few weeks in the meantime that's a killer. I ended up just buying an entire replacement phone on ebay. I now have 3 of those phones sitting in my closet, 2 with shattered screens.

Upvote 0
I'm wondering how much protection the silicon cases offer. I ofcourse have not tried testing them because I don't want to find out if they don't actually help.

I held out for about two weeks without a case, since I couldn't find the black VZW silicone. I finally got one last Thursday, and I've dropped it about 5 times already:(. Some about 4 feet to bare concrete. Not a scratch on the phone. I think they work superb for what they are, and have more give than thinner, hard cases.

I shudder to think what it would look like if I haven't had the case on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones