• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buy at VZW or Radioshack?

I have a question that fits the topic so I'll ask it here rather than creating a new one. I have a Radio shack holding their only Nexus for me. As of 5 minutes ago they are still telling me they haven't heard anything about tommorrow. If I show up in the morning and they refuse to sell it to me, would they be able to call their Verizon rep and gain permission?

Upvote 0
Verizon. I was told if you have that $100 3g to 4g promo and/or loyalty discount, buying from radio shack will not get you these promotions by a CSA

Also, from a CSR:

Kaylen: The reason the phones are so cheap through third party vendors like Best Buy, Wirefly, or Let's Talk is because these vendors have their own contract on top of Verizon's contract. With these third party vendors, if you purchase a phone you can not change your plan within the first 6 months or you would incur a termination charge up to $250. Also if you decide to end your contract early, you would have to pay that third party vendor's termination fee and Verizon termination fee amount as well. Does that help clarify the price difference in the phones?

There's your catch

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, long time snooper first time poster here.

I can shed some light on purchasing a phone form Radioshack because I currently work there. First off the activation fee is still added to your bill, you don't pay it in store. Also I hope it is a 2 year upgrade because Radioshack is unable to process early upgrades.

Also as far as the "catch" goes there is no contract in addition with Radioshack the only thing we ask is if you cancel the service you return the phone if not than you will get billed for the full retail price of the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones