1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

buying a new verizon android phone. which phone to pick?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by iAndroiid, May 4, 2010.

1. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Android Enthusiast

ok, i came from a htc droid eris. it went for a swim so it's time to buy a new phone. what do you think is the best android phone out right now to get? also i have verizon.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Android Enthusiast

you think it's worth it money wise? $200 vs the eris for $70? there isn't much a difference between the 2 other than ghz/ram. basically double

3. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Android Enthusiast

Yes, you have to consider:

It will be probably be a two year contract, the price difference does not amount to much in that time.

The Eris has some pretty lackluster hardware(528MHz compared to 1GHz) - the implications of this should not be underestimated - the Droid Eris may be getting 2.1 but future firmware updates are uncertain, the Droid Incredible will probably be supported hardware-wise for longer.

Also? The screen!

4. brooks77

brooks77 Newbie

Wait til the summer for the Droid 2 maybe.

5. necosino

necosino Android Expert

Isn't the Droid Incredible the Droid 2?

6. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Android Enthusiast

waiting never hurts. Incredible is brand new, but soon there will probably be better deals (like when droid/eris starting going buy one get one free) So if you can wait. I would, but if you need one now... Incredible is the way to go.

7. althornin

althornin Newbie

Personally, I'd skip the Droid incredible.
    I'm not a big fan of Sense. In addition, Sense breaks the ability to sync multiple exchange accounts.
    Add in the fact that with the Incredible, I see duplicate contacts all through my contact list (after syncing 1 exchange, 1 imap because no two exchange accounts supported, and 2 gmail accounts), where as on my droid i have no duplicate contact problems...
    Personally, I really wish they had a stock android OS version of the incredible for Verizon. When is the nexus one coming, i can't wait.
    Sense UI is broken, IMO.

8. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

^U r crazy... I love Sense. DI is the best phone out by far.