• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying in store on the 29th! Read this!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "pre-sale"? Is that the same as having one reserved? Or can you go into the store and pay for it before it's released?

Pretty much it works like the BestBuy.

You have to buy a $50 gift card (which you then use towards the phone when you pick it up).

On Thursday, Verizon hold the 10 phones for the 10 people who reserved them. And the store will hold it for 48 hours for you.

The store will supposedly have more than those 10 phones...but are only pre-selling 10.

Upvote 0
I did a little recon at two verizon stores on my way home.

First store took my number and told me they would make sure I could get one. Second one was a lot nicer and told me that they hadn't recieved their shipment and looked up the PO #, they didn't expect the shipment until wednesday or thursday. I asked about the SKU and was told it was not active yet either and they did not know when it would be but they suspect verizon will hold off on it until wednesday at the earliest.

Upvote 0
I copied all the contacts from my Storm in preparing to get my new INC. I exported all my contacts form Outlook to a CSV file and then open that in an excel spreadsheet. I did find that for it to upload correctly to my Gmail account I had to rename some of the headings and delete many unnecessary fields but after a few tweaks they all uploaded correctly.

Google sync worked like a charm for getting my contacts off my Storm. I downloaded the app, and set it up to sync my contacts with my Gmail account. Once it was done, I verified and all the contacts from my Storm are now in my Gmail. Hopefully, its as smooth getting them on my Incredible when it arrives.

Upvote 0
Well....to be on the safe side...I called up Verizon and had them on the phone with me while I did the ordering online. To make sure I can change plans (going down to $40) get the phone on a 1 year (losing my new every 2 discount :( ) but keeping my corporate discounts (26% voice 20% data).

All ordered. Done and done.

Now hopefully it will show up early on Thurs. Or hopefully they are doing what the rumor mill is saying and releasing some early to be shipped...then hopefully I get it Wed.

Now waiting.

Upvote 0
getting close to launch day (29th). with no advertising yet, i hope the quantitys in the store will be sufficient to meet the demand. info seems to be spotty with some stores getting a few and others getting lots. some stores doing reservations and some not. i know this thursday i will be there early to get mine. last time i showed up a hour early for the voyager launch and only 2 people showed up after me but the voyager were sold out all over very quickly and took a while for verizon to replenish there stock. i think the online preorder was more than verizon hoped to see and now thats the reason for the low store #'s and lack of advertising;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones