• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bypass initial wifi set up?

pathymo

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Hey everyone! I received my nexus 10 today, and am working on a tour so I'm in a hotel where the wifi requires a log in. On trying to set up my nexus 10, it doesn't load the log-in screen for the hotel's wifi-- instead, it just says the webpage is unavailable. I'm going to be here for a while, so I'm wondering if anyone out there knows if there is a way I can bypass this initial setup? Thanks!

Does your nexus 10 show as connected to the wifi? in the wifi setting menu? If not that is most likely the problem try entering in the password again you might also try another browser

I think part of the problem is just that it won't connect fully to the hotel WiFi. It says 'this tablet is connecting to wifi' and then instead of going to the screen where I would accept the hotels terms and conditions and complete the connection , it goes to a screen that just says it's unable to load the page. I unfortunately can't try another browser because this is happening in the initial setup; I cannot access the home screen.

I also decided to call Google play support and ask today, and they confirmed that I could not bypass the WiFi setup. Guess I'll have to wait to get to a Starbucks Monday!

Upvote 0
You used to be able to tap the for corners of the screen to bypass the setup screen. I think it was top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left.

This was true on the GNex on 4.1 at least as I bypassed the setup in order to wipe and root and didn't want to waste time as I needed to unlock the bootloader. Haven't honestly tried it on n7 or n10 on 4.2 but it might be worth a try...

Upvote 0
You used to be able to tap the for corners of the screen to bypass the setup screen. I think it was top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left.

This was true on the GNex on 4.1 at least as I bypassed the setup in order to wipe and root and didn't want to waste time as I needed to unlock the bootloader. Haven't honestly tried it on n7 or n10 on 4.2 but it might be worth a try...

This unfortunately also does not work. Alas!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones