• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calendar alerts

I'm using Gemini Calendar in conjunction with calendar snooze. Both are free from market place.

Gemini Calendar allows easy setting of meeting from call history or phonebook. It's not quite the complete job, but very good. I use a widget on home screen to create meeting from call history as it suits my needs. I also have widget along side it that is sized 1 x 1 rather than 4 x 1 using ADW. This shows the date, and on pressing it brings up calendar.

Calendar snooze allows from proper control over multiple events/meetings etc. The paid for version removes ad's, but more to the point it allows my phone to function as it should do. Whilst I really am enjoying Android, somethings on it are just plain daft. The inabilty to dismiss/snooze each individual event in a separate manner is just plain clueless. Calendar snooze sorts this out.

Upvote 0
I'm using Gemini Calendar in conjunction with calendar snooze. Both are free from market place.

Gemini Calendar allows easy setting of meeting from call history or phonebook. It's not quite the complete job, but very good. I use a widget on home screen to create meeting from call history as it suits my needs. I also have widget along side it that is sized 1 x 1 rather than 4 x 1 using ADW. This shows the date, and on pressing it brings up calendar.

Calendar snooze allows from proper control over multiple events/meetings etc. The paid for version removes ad's, but more to the point it allows my phone to function as it should do. Whilst I really am enjoying Android, somethings on it are just plain daft. The inabilty to dismiss/snooze each individual event in a separate manner is just plain clueless. Calendar snooze sorts this out.

Calendar Snooze does the same thing as Nudnik basically, but II am going to try it out, it reads out your appointment title for one thing, and it has more flexible snooze options. Nudnik is a little wonky, just UI sluggishness when trying to dismiss alarms. Do you notice anything like that with Calendar Snooze?

Reactions: jojomonkeyboy
Upvote 0
Calendar Snooze does the same thing as Nudnik basically, but II am going to try it out, it reads out your appointment title for one thing, and it has more flexible snooze options. Nudnik is a little wonky, just UI sluggishness when trying to dismiss alarms. Do you notice anything like that with Calendar Snooze?

Calendar Snooze Paid version is what I use. It has been working great.

Upvote 0
Not sure if I'm reading the problem right, but if I am, Calendar Notifier also works.

Calendar Notifier will sound an alarm at the time of your appointment, then continue sounding an alarm every X minutes (user defined) thereafter, until you turn it off. That way if you're busy when the meeting notification sounds and promise yourself you'll leave your desk in 1 minute, then forget, you'll be reminded again.

Upvote 0

I sometimes have a slight problem but can't tell you exactly what the problem is. It's not something that bothers me too much but for the sake of this thread I'll catalogue it next time it happens.

Upvote 0
I've been using Calendar Snooze for a few weeks now and like it, I installed it mainly for the LED notification. So far it has not missed an alert.
What I have noticed though is that my 'phone idle' time has increased, I actually just disabled Calendar Snooze to see if that is the culprit. Whatever is running is accounting for a good chunk of battery use (7% right now and I put a new battery in about 2 hours ago!). I'll see if makes a difference with CS not enabled or if it's something else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones