• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Not sure if a Google issue or IOS. My partner adds an event to her iPhone calendar and shares it with me which I see on my iPad. That event will then sync with my Google calendar that is installed on my iPad. However, the event does not show up on my Google calendar on my Pixel 7. For it to show up on my Pixel, I have open the event in Google calendar on the iPad and press 'Copy To' my Google calendar. It seems like unnecessary steps. I wonder why my Google calender on the iPad is not syncing with Android?

Not sure if a Google issue or IOS. My partner adds an event to her iPhone calendar and shares it with me which I see on my iPad. That event will then sync with my Google calendar that is installed on my iPad. However, the event does not show up on my Google calendar on my Pixel 7. For it to show up on my Pixel, I have open the event in Google calendar on the iPad and press 'Copy To' my Google calendar. It seems like unnecessary steps. I wonder why my Google calender on the iPad is not syncing with Android?
hmmmmm i wonder why.

Upvote 0
Try having your friend go through these steps so you can add her Apple calendar to your Google Calendar app:
https://www.chriswrites.com/how-to-get-your-icloud-calendar-on-android/
or an alternative you might want to try instead is using an app that attempts to do the same thing:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.granita.caldavsync&hl=en_US&gl=US

The thing is, she's using a calendar that's tied to Apple's service. It's being managed and maintained on Apple's online servers. You on the other hand are using a calendar that's tied to Android and it's being managed and maintained on Google's online servers. Her iPhone is linking to her Apple account, your Android phone is linking to your Google account. Apple's business model is based on being an exclusive and, by intent, isolated so sharing data with other platforms would be a plus point for all users but it's a big minus point for Apple's oversight over its own environment. It's something that's a big part of why Apple is so obscenely wealthy and profitable. So when you want to just set up something as simple as syncing between the two different platforms, it's going to involve some extra effort.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones