• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar Notifications not Displaying

robert9855

Lurker
Apr 10, 2017
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0 with T-Mobile as my carrier. I have found a problem with calendar notifications (I use the stock Calendar app that comes with the phone). Specifically, whenever a new calendar notification arrives, it wipes out prior unread notifications.

For example, suppose Event #1 is set to go off at 8:00 AM, and Event #2 is set to go off at 9:00 AM. If I leave my phone at my desk untouched during that time period and look at the phone at, say, 9:15 AM, I will see Event #2 in the phone's notification area, but Event #1 is nowhere to be seen. If I watch the phone during such a test, I DO see that Event #1 does arrive. It's just that Event #2 wipes out an unread Event #1. So unless I get to my phone before 9:00 AM (in this example), before Event #2 arrives, I'll never see Event #1.

I've tried many different settings, some suggested by Samsung Support. None have worked. I've even tried safe mode to see if a third-party app was causing the problem. But even in safe mode, the problem persists.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Perhaps someone could try a test on his or her own phone to see whether what I am reporting is a general problem or only a problem on my own phone.

Any suggested fixes?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones