• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar

Jay Trent

Lurker
Mar 23, 2016
Hi all,

I'm not sure how to refer to the Calendar app I see on my Galaxy Core Prime Android version 5.1.1 because there's no help or information button that I can see.

But I have one question:
Whose calendar is it? I'm talking about having control of it and the fact that if I add an event, I can delete it. But if Google adds an event (eg someone's birthday), I can't.

Jay

PS: There might already be a calendar thread, but I didn't see a search function on the Forum main page.

As far as I know this calendar is Samsung proprietary. Having said that you have a certain degree of control over what is added. The stock calendar app/ widget is linked to any (compatible) accounts you have saved to the device. You can go into the calendar settings and remove accounts that you don't want synced to your calendar.

Example: You have Facebook and Google accounts saved to your device but you only want the calendar to show what you input yourself.

1. Open the calendar app on the device
2. Tap your device's menu soft-key
3. Select the option labeled "Calendars"
4. Scroll down to find the list of accounts linked to the calendar
5. Uncheck the boxes beside your Google & Facebook accounts

I hope you found this answer to be helpful. If I can be of further assistance feel free to send me a message. Thanks!

Upvote 0
To expound upon Masta_Siege's explanation... In the stock calendar on my Galaxy S5, you can add various accounts, like your Gmail account and/or Hotmail account. You can choose which calendar(s) you wish to sync and view. If you sync & view multiple accounts, the events will appear with a color code for each account.

If you sync multiple calendars, then when you create a new event (appointment) on your phone's calendar, at the top left you'll see the default account name (e.g. John.Doe@gmail.com or John.Doe@hotmail.com). If you tap it, you can change it to any of your other calendar accounts. So for example, if you keep work appointments on a Gmail account and personal/social appointments on a Hotmail account, you may wish to assign a birthday party event to your Hotmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones