1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Calendar

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jay Trent, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Jay Trent

Jay Trent Lurker
    None

Mar 23, 2016
    Male
    Hi all,

I'm not sure how to refer to the Calendar app I see on my Galaxy Core Prime Android version 5.1.1 because there's no help or information button that I can see.

But I have one question:
    Whose calendar is it? I'm talking about having control of it and the fact that if I add an event, I can delete it. But if Google adds an event (eg someone's birthday), I can't.

Jay

PS: There might already be a calendar thread, but I didn't see a search function on the Forum main page.

Advertisement

2. Masta_Siege

Masta_Siege Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    Tech-Support/ Blogger
    USA, Georgia
    As far as I know this calendar is Samsung proprietary. Having said that you have a certain degree of control over what is added. The stock calendar app/ widget is linked to any (compatible) accounts you have saved to the device. You can go into the calendar settings and remove accounts that you don't want synced to your calendar.

Example: You have Facebook and Google accounts saved to your device but you only want the calendar to show what you input yourself.

1. Open the calendar app on the device
    2. Tap your device's menu soft-key
    3. Select the option labeled "Calendars"
    4. Scroll down to find the list of accounts linked to the calendar
    5. Uncheck the boxes beside your Google & Facebook accounts

I hope you found this answer to be helpful. If I can be of further assistance feel free to send me a message. Thanks!

3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Jan 28, 2011
    To expound upon Masta_Siege's explanation... In the stock calendar on my Galaxy S5, you can add various accounts, like your Gmail account and/or Hotmail account. You can choose which calendar(s) you wish to sync and view. If you sync & view multiple accounts, the events will appear with a color code for each account.

If you sync multiple calendars, then when you create a new event (appointment) on your phone's calendar, at the top left you'll see the default account name (e.g. John.Doe@gmail.com or John.Doe@hotmail.com). If you tap it, you can change it to any of your other calendar accounts. So for example, if you keep work appointments on a Gmail account and personal/social appointments on a Hotmail account, you may wish to assign a birthday party event to your Hotmail account.

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    agree:

I also had a bit of trouble with the calendar function. I resolved it by unlinking everything away from the stock calendar, and then disabling the app.

I now only use the Google Calendar, which syncs perfectly with my Note 4 and my S5 and my PC.