• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calender App Help PLease

Bigleg

Dec 2, 2010
For no apparent reason that I can discern, my battery life is suddenly being DESTROYED by the calender app. For example, today 3h 27min since unplugged (100% batt) now its 68% left with the calendar having used 73% of that. Sync is on but always has been since buying the phone. Running 2.2, nothing has updated. What could of caused this sudden change.

Read around the forum and tried clearing cache restarting phone etc, but to no avail.

Really doing me in, don't want to turn of syncing because that what the phone is for, for me, instant email, connect to social etc etc.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you

After much searching on this forum and tinternet, most seem to think it's an issue with either facebook updating or mail apps syncing too often, have changed the settings for mail to 1 hour instead of 15 min. And facebook friends to sync once a day, lets hope this helps.

Great forum you have here guys even though I didn't get a response here, the info was there to be searched, so thanks for providing a great forum guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones