• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call causes phone to freeze then reboot

Clint.M

Lurker
Sep 9, 2011
When I get an incoming call the phone goes back to the home screen and freezes (won't respond to physical buttons or touching screen), it doesn't indicate that a call is incoming, I've been testing from another line. After a few minutes the phone will reboot.

I've already done a clean boot. I've hit the reset button beside the SD card. I have set it to only use 2G and only use 3G. I have removed the SD card. Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

I installed the 2.2 update several months ago.

Yesterday it was in a reboot loop. Where it would basically alternate between the black screen with only "android" and the home screen (which was frozen).

What else can I do?

EDIT: I should also mention that the phone doesn't make any sound or vibrate.

Not that I can help, but I can sympathize.

My phone has been rebooting erratically lately, at least twice a day, without apparent reason. It has also frozen the touch interface (see my other post). I am on Android 2.2.2 from Fido, but the reboot problems started long after my update. I hope its status does not deteriorate to constant reboot as yours, but I fear the worst.

Upvote 0
Okay the new phone did not help. seems like this brand does not like Vodafone! So now testing with another service provider. if that works, then Vodafone is the culprit. Vodafone recently upgraded their services to 3G (leased it from another service provider) and since then there has been a zillion complaints of call drops, network related issues etc.

Upvote 0
When I get an incoming call the phone goes back to the home screen and freezes (won't respond to physical buttons or touching screen), it doesn't indicate that a call is incoming, I've been testing from another line. After a few minutes the phone will reboot.

I've already done a clean boot. I've hit the reset button beside the SD card. I have set it to only use 2G and only use 3G. I have removed the SD card. Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

I installed the 2.2 update several months ago.

Yesterday it was in a reboot loop. Where it would basically alternate between the black screen with only "android" and the home screen (which was frozen).

What else can I do?

EDIT: I should also mention that the phone doesn't make any sound or vibrate.

Found the fix! Just call your service provider and tell them to de-activate call forwarding services in their systems and the reboot problem will be solved.

It does not affect your call forwarding facility on the phone. you can always use that!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones