• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call clarity

whazzup2

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
I have been having an issue with receiving calls. The audio sounds awful. I'm told I sound fine. I called Verizon and they said it's a known issue with the phone. HTC & Google are working on an update. Anyone else with the same problem?

I'm 31 days into it. I lost track of time and have been busy, or I would just have undone my deal. Now I'm a little stuck.

It doesn't matter that your over your 30 day grace period, my wife was in the same situation with hers and we had to jump though hoops to get a new one at no extra charge. Call verizon, they'll keep you on the phone for an hour and have you talk to 5 different reps to try and correct the problem. After that they will note your account and have you goto a VZ store where they will try and replicate that problem, chances are they won't beable to and then they'll give you a 800 # to call to place an order for a new or refurbished phone at no cost.

Upvote 0
So I went to a Verizon store and, after much debating, managerial intervention, etc., they replaced my device with a brand new one. So far, seems like the problem is solved. I can hear again. I basically told them that I bought a smartPHONE and can't even speak on the phone. Hopefully this ends the cycle of "what number are you at so I can call you back from a landline".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones