• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call home from abroad

KShanahan

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
I am currently in Portugal on T-mobile network. I am with a number of other people who are on different networks with different handsets. Everyone else is able to dial their UK contacts without needing to edit them to add +44. Their contacts are just 07xxx xxxxxx.

On the other hand if I dial the same contact on my HTC Desire I go through to some unfortunate Portuguese person. I have looked at all settings but can't find an option. I would rather just dial a contact without having to edit them (and editing isn't as easy as it would seem either!)

Does anyone have a suggestion?

One guy has an iPhone on Vodafone, there is a samsung on Tesco, a couple of non-symbian Nokias on Orange and all of them are able to know that they want to phone UK contacts and dial through automatically. I seem remember my old N96 used to be able to do it also. There was me bigging up my Android and then got shot down! I tried adding United Kingdom to the country in the contact and that didn't work either. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones