• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Caller-ID names -- how does EPIC handle that?

Johnny Cakes

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2009
The Epic seems to display the CONTACT name for an incoming call which is in the contact list.

If there is no corresponding CONTACT name, then the calling number appears.

Rather than showing the calling number when there is no cooresponding CONTACT name, does the Epic have the option to display the incoming caller's name (Caller-ID name from phone company) instead of number?

To put it another way, on a landline, the caller-id shows the name (if not blocked) and number. Can the Epic do that?

The Epic seems to display the CONTACT name for an incoming call which is in the contact list.

If there is no corresponding CONTACT name, then the calling number appears.

Rather than showing the calling number when there is no cooresponding CONTACT name, does the Epic have the option to display the incoming caller's name (Caller-ID name from phone company) instead of number?

To put it another way, on a landline, the caller-id shows the name (if not blocked) and number. Can the Epic do that?

Not just the epic, but no cell phone does this. Not that I know of anyway.

Upvote 0
Not just the epic, but no cell phone does this. Not that I know of anyway.

Not 100% true. One of coworkers has a metroPCS phone and when I called her phone to give her my number, my whole name showed up just like it does on a home caller ID. I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait to see this innovation brought to major carriers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones