1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Calling/Sound Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jenerren, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Jenerren

Jenerren Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    I could really use some suggestions on how to fix this problem. When I try to make a call out, the call never connects and then it will just end the call. When I receive a call and answer, I cannot hear the person nor can they hear me. However, I can receive/send texts. This has happened very briefly before but this time it has been going on for over an hour. I've tried restarting it multiple times and taking the battery out. I've also not dropped it nor gotten it wet :p Any ideas? On another forum for a different phone, someone suggested doing a hard reset. I really don't want to do this as my phone is rooted and I don't want to do that, unless I REALLY have to. Thanks for any help :)

Advertisement

2. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey

Rooting isn't a big problem if your on 2.2.1 if you somehow go back to 2.2.2 and then downgrade then it isn't a huge problem. May I ask if you had headphones connected and then answered the call then disconnected headphones? It causes problems time to time

3. Jenerren

Jenerren Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    No, I don't use headphones. But I just plugged in some earplugs to see if I could hear, and sure enough, I can hear the call just fine. The speaker option is grayed out so I'm guessing it thinks that there is a headset/earplugs plugged into it. I bought this phone in Feb. and its Android version 2.2, I'm assuming that's what you were referring to.

4. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey

Your better off downgrading. From my experience with 2.2.2 it was Waaaayyy more buggier. Downgrade and see if that works, on 2.2.2 that happend a lot.

Tags: