• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calling/Sound Issues

Jenerren

Lurker
Nov 22, 2011
I could really use some suggestions on how to fix this problem. When I try to make a call out, the call never connects and then it will just end the call. When I receive a call and answer, I cannot hear the person nor can they hear me. However, I can receive/send texts. This has happened very briefly before but this time it has been going on for over an hour. I've tried restarting it multiple times and taking the battery out. I've also not dropped it nor gotten it wet :p Any ideas? On another forum for a different phone, someone suggested doing a hard reset. I really don't want to do this as my phone is rooted and I don't want to do that, unless I REALLY have to. Thanks for any help :)

I could really use some suggestions on how to fix this problem. When I try to make a call out, the call never connects and then it will just end the call. When I receive a call and answer, I cannot hear the person nor can they hear me. However, I can receive/send texts. This has happened very briefly before but this time it has been going on for over an hour. I've tried restarting it multiple times and taking the battery out. I've also not dropped it nor gotten it wet :p Any ideas? On another forum for a different phone, someone suggested doing a hard reset. I really don't want to do this as my phone is rooted and I don't want to do that, unless I REALLY have to. Thanks for any help :)

Rooting isn't a big problem if your on 2.2.1 if you somehow go back to 2.2.2 and then downgrade then it isn't a huge problem. May I ask if you had headphones connected and then answered the call then disconnected headphones? It causes problems time to time

Upvote 0
No, I don't use headphones. But I just plugged in some earplugs to see if I could hear, and sure enough, I can hear the call just fine. The speaker option is grayed out so I'm guessing it thinks that there is a headset/earplugs plugged into it. I bought this phone in Feb. and its Android version 2.2, I'm assuming that's what you were referring to.

Upvote 0
No, I don't use headphones. But I just plugged in some earplugs to see if I could hear, and sure enough, I can hear the call just fine. The speaker option is grayed out so I'm guessing it thinks that there is a headset/earplugs plugged into it. I bought this phone in Feb. and its Android version 2.2, I'm assuming that's what you were referring to.

Your better off downgrading. From my experience with 2.2.2 it was Waaaayyy more buggier. Downgrade and see if that works, on 2.2.2 that happend a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones