• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Apps

D

Deleted User

I am going to be getting the HD on Dec 11 when my early upgrade is available. I am coming from the Gnex that I got on release day, love the phone for the most part except for dropping cell and data signal frequently.

Anyways, it looks like a lot of the people coming from the Gnex were apprehensive about the HD because of the camera. I've looked at quite a few pics taken with the HD, some good.. some not so good.

Is anyone using another camera app like Camera Zoom FX, or other? If so how are the pictures with other Camera apps?

I came from the Gnex as well and yes the camera isn't the greatest but not a reason to pass up this phone. Someone in another post suggested ISC camera. Thats what i'm using. The default camera app was laggy and cluttered but ISC camera is pretty much the same that was on the Gnex and seems to be faster. I don't think how ever it takes better pictures.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I purchased Camera ZOOM FX but mostly for the 'fun' aspect of it like splicing in 'buddies' and what not. I find that the stock camera takes better photos than the CZFX app. I'm at work but I'll take a couple photos of something stupid using both and post them shortly.

The stock camera actually takes great photos as long as you have decent lighting. If the light is low then the photos tend to come out grainy but most all cell cameras are like that anyway. The flash photos generally suck but cell phone camera flashes generally suck!

Standby for a couple examples.

Upvote 0
Here is a stock camera photo:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354055353216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354055353216.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Oh yeah, you also get the 'wide screen' in the stock photos! The built-in HDR in the stock camera improves low-light or subjects with drastically different lighting like a lot of shadows.

Thanks so much! Can't tell much of a difference between the app and stock. I know when I had my droid 3 before the Gnex the camera took forever to come up and ready to use. When I played with the HD it did not seem like it.

Do you guys think, except for MP, that the camera on the Droid 4 and the HD are the same? Reason I ask is my wife has the Droid 4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones