• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help camera display is blank white screen but camera still works?

cwunder81

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
bought the phone on ebay. it's been rooted with freshevo 4.2.0.0 operating system. the camera app opens with no problem but the display screen is blank white. i can change the settings and even take pictures that show in my albums but i just can't see what i'm taking a picture of.... i later found that the same situation happens with viewing videos on youtube. blank white screen but i can hear the audio. i'm totally lost????? :thinking:

Mine is doing the same thing, but I'm rooted on the stock rom. The YouTube videos I noticed a while back but haven't been overly concerned with... Then yesterday my camera did the same as above. I've tried rebooting and pulling the battery but that hasn't fixed it... Any chance this could be a software conflict and not something I have to flash? :-S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones