• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Doesn't Work, Displays Blank Screen- Help!

HURRAY I found solution, hopefully for you also!
working solution:
- I flashed new ROM and made deletion by Super wipe, after whalaaa works!!

conclusion:
- good news, it is not HW thing, probably superwipe helps, when hard reset is not enough. Note that I had gingerbread, I downgraded to older system first, without superwipe - camera still did not work. Then superwipe and new rom (revolution hd) and works like it did..

hope I helped.

Thanks for the info! Can you give some of us steps on what you did exactly? I am not visual and need written directions for things. :p

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I had this same issue....after searching forums and trying my own fixes (that did not work), I contacted Sprint via chat. The camera on my phone works great now. Here is my chat with the rep:

Pam G.: Thank you for contacting Sprint. While I access your account. Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. It will enable you to view other Web pages while we chat.

Simply click the white Yes button below now.
Pam G.: Thanks for moving the chat window.
Pam G.: I understand your concern regarding camera application.
You: Thanks
You: I see others have the same problem, but no solution
Pam G.: You're welcome.
Pam G.: Please allow me a few moments to review your account
Pam G.: I have performed the advanced troubleshooting from here so that the correct information from the account is passed to the device. This refresh will correct the issue within next 30 to 60 minutes. Please Power Cycle your phone by following these steps:
Pam G.: 1. Power-cycle your phone by turning your phone off (press and hold the power button)

2. Remove the battery for minimum of one minute.

3. Turn your phone back on

Please confirm, once the phone is up.
Pam G.: Have you turned on the phone?
You: I did, it's still starting up
You: ok, it's on now
You: I have a message that the network is preparing my services
Pam G.: Ok. Let it complete.
Pam G.: Please check if the camera icon is appearing now.
You: The icon is there
You: it was there before, just was not working
Pam G.: Please check if it is working no.
Pam G.: *now
You: Yes, it's working. Do you know what happened to make it stop working? When I saw it wasn't working, I uninstalled a number of other apps thinking they were causing a problem, but still didn't correct the problem
Pam G.: Its a temporary issue which required basic troubleshooting which I have already done on your phone. Be assured, you will not face this issue again.
You: Thank you so much! I was worried about it! The camera is my favorite feature on my EVO!
Pam G.: I can understand.
Pam G.: Did I fully address all the reasons for your chat today?
You: Yes! I really appreciate your help today!
Pam G.: Thank you.
Pam G.: A short survey follows this chat. Will you be able to respond yes to the question "Was your issue resolved on this chat session?" The results help Sprint measure my performance.
You: Of course! Thanks!
Pam G.: Thank you so much for filling the Survey for me.
You: Have a great night!
Pam G.: Thank you.
Pam G.: Takec are.
Pam G.: *care
You: :)

Upvote 0
When I start the app the camera symbol starts up but then goes to a blank or black screen. The only way out is to hit the home button. Who knows the fix. My phone is updated and has the pre-loaded apps only. Hard restarts and flashing does not seem to work. This problem is all over the internet. Help.

Upvote 0
I have an HTC EVO 4G and had the same problem described. The camera ap and other aps that used the camera would go to blank black screen. No amount of 'force close' or power down/power up would fix.

Fixed by removing battery for 1 min and reinstalling.

Being new, I don't know whether I can write or not.
I have htc desire C. I faced same black-sceen problem.
Got scared, learn the tips & solved.
(1) Put the Power Off (not re-strart)
(2) Remove battery & SD card.
(3) Wait 1 min and start without SD.
(4) Open Camera, no black-screen. Camera is Ok.
(5) Power Off, insert SD, Power On.
(6) Open Camera. Will dictate Photos / videos to Save in SD.
(7) Click Ok to come out or continue.
COMMENTS:-
(1) Probably there had no synchronization between Camera
& SD Card.
(2) Always synchronize all before Power Off.
(3) When everything works except camera, its not a software
problem. Can't be a hardware too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones