1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Camera Issue with Voice Control

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lexluthor, Dec 31, 2012.

1. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

I have a Verizon SGS3 running stock jb touchwiz.

I have voice command activated for the camera.

Last night I was at a concert (Coldplay) and experienced some strangeness. At times when it was very loud in the area, the camera would close on its own. It was like it was hearing a command to close the camera.

It took me a good while to realize that's what was going on, but it's definitely the case. I disabled voice dial and it didn't happen again. I did re-test by enabling voice dial and it started happening again.

Anyone else experience this? I guess no solution other than to disable voice commands for the camera when in an extremely loud environment?

2. MBCO

MBCO Newbie

I tested it out once. I can say many many different words and it functioned. Random jibberish activated items as well.

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert

what do you mean by "functioned". I'm not saying the loud noise took a picture, I'm saying it caused the camera app to close. That, I have not heard before.

No one has come across that before?

4. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

The voice command does require a quiet location. Loud noise can cause problems. Just the nature of the beast.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews