• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Protection

ArPharazon

Mar 25, 2020
This could be a question for many newer phones, especially the S20 line.

I have the S20 Ultra, and even with the Otterbox Symmetry on, the camera "lens"/camera/whatever is more or less flush with the back of the Otterbox cover.

With the S8+, the camera was recessed and I still managed to break the lens, and even after replacing the lens, the camera was never the same.

Has anybody used one of the protectors available? Which one is the best protection while not interfering with camera functions? I know there's already an issue with the camera's A/F at the moment.

This could be a question for many newer phones, especially the S20 line.

I have the S20 Ultra, and even with the Otterbox Symmetry on, the camera "lens"/camera/whatever is more or less flush with the back of the Otterbox cover.

With the S8+, the camera was recessed and I still managed to break the lens, and even after replacing the lens, the camera was never the same.

Has anybody used one of the protectors available? Which one is the best protection while not interfering with camera functions? I know there's already an issue with the camera's A/F at the moment.

A hard call, never used a camera cover. I guess I didn't realize the ultra camera stuck out so much. I have a smaller case and a S20 plus and case sticks out further than camera bump.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones