• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera w/Flash - Post Gingerbread

sharinlea

Oct 9, 2010
Since the Gingerbread update, when the camera uses the flash, it actually makes my photos darker most of the time than without the flash. This is true regardless of whether it's on auto or forced. I don't know how this is possible but is this happening to anyone else? (I did a hard reset as well as battery pulls.)

I just found a fix in another thread for this problem. I was having the same issue. Try this:

"
I did experience a weird thing with the Camera the other night.. I was trying to use the Flash to take a pic in a low lit area and it seemed that the flash and the "snap" were off because the pics kept comming out black(dark). So i went in to applications>manage applications and cleared the data in the Camera app. Tried again and Viola... it worked..
"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones