• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can anyone please verify that MacroDroid works on Lollipop?

AZgl1500

Extreme Android User
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma grasslands
my phone is still on 4.4.4 and up until today, I have been successfully avoiding letting the 5.0 OS download by presetting the phone to upgrade ONLY on Wifi....

but, now, Verizon is forcing the 5.0 download to proceed even though WiFi is OFF all the time.... if a 4g signal is present, it automatically starts downloading again....

I use MacroDroid heavily to make the phone "mine", has anyone used it recently after Lollipop was installed?
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen UnLock, turns Data ON
PureVPN when using a public WiFi

Holy Cow!!!

Jamie, the developer responds FAST !!! here is his email to me asking him if it works on Lollipop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To
Hi John,

Yes MacroDroid is compatible with lollipop - it better be because over 30% of my users are using it :)

Cheers,

Jamie

Upvote 0
Honestly, I have not tried your scenario... but I have to assume that once the Podcast is started, that it is tunneling to the server and DATA or WiFi as it might be using, is still in use. Even though, it is turned OFF supposedly.

My phone just now updated to LolliFLOP with me screaming NO NO NO all the way.... Verizon forced it to install just like they did on the last update.... I told that one also, NO NO NO and they forced it thru.... nothing I could do could get around it, if either DATA or WiFi is turned ON, the update proceeds.... bastards!! I hate them.

I have Pandora installed, or used to before 5.0 installed, it lost some of my apps would you believe??

Okay, I just started up Pandora and started up Red Sovine playing one of my favorite songs, "Teddy Bear"..... clicked the power button to lock the screen and it is still playing. hmmmmm

Open up the screen again, and sure enough WiFi and DATA are both OFF. That tells me that Pandora is using 1x to provide their podcast audio, OR has already cached the program...
EDITED after my next post....

Does that make any sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Well, I think that MD is working just fine..... Red Sovine ended up his song, all 18 truckers gave Teddy Bear a ride, they put together a collection for Teddy Bear and all is happy again.

Except for Pandora...... no more songs are playing.....
I tried to select another song and got a message saying "Sorry, the requested information could not be loaded at this time.

That tells me, that Pandora Cached the complete song.... so I think your Podcast player did also.... it probably stopped after a while when that particular podcast finished up.

Upvote 0
I don't know yet.... I'm going to wait for another day to mess with it much, I am still trying to get the rest of the apps configured again.... I hate it when personal data, configuration files, sign in info, all get lost..... no regards to the $$$$ we have spent on great apps, they just get tossed into the garbage bin....

I have been working with CoPilot USA for two hours trying to get it to recognize my username and password. I went thru the same exercise last year when 4.4.4 was installed and I lost all of my app data..... damn good thing I make a habit of keeping a record of everything that happens in EVERNOTE, and I mean everything. usernames, passwords, email addresses..... copilot requires all of that to get going again...

I hate the flat screen effects in lollipop, that much I know already.

to make it more fun, CoPilot refuses to accept your username/password the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th times as valid, even though they are precisely correct every time.... I have blesssed them out many times on their support forum for such foolishness.... I'm glad that I saved the Complaint thread to their forum, they don't even give you a way to get back to that when you log in. They throw it out with the dishwater.... but, I bookmarked it on my PC browser and got back to the original complaint and used that to figure out what is wrong.... nothing was wrong, it just won't accept the info the first time.

argh!!!!

ah well, I need some sleep I think, I have only got about 6 hours in the last 48 because of this damn Lollipop business.

Upvote 0
I had a rough night dodging Tornados in our area, and heard that we lost a Fire Fighter who was trying to save some idiot who thought their car could drive on water....

I finally found "Color Adjustment" and worked with that a while and got a more acceptable color setup.... now, I want to get rid of the all white background.....

Any themes I can push onto a stock Verizon box?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones