• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can app.disabled be moved?

I rooted primarily to get rid of bloatware. The instructions indicated that I should create a folder called app.disabled, and them move the bloatware and unwanted widgets, etc. to that file in case I wanted them later. Can that folder be moved to the SD card somehow, and if so, how?

I am not at home right now, so I would prefer a handset only solution, but I can probably wait till I get home if the only solution requires a computer...

I would use adb shell but you could probably use root explorer although I don't use that program so I am not 100% sure. By using adb shell it'll put you in the system and assuming your folder is /system/app.disabled/ you want to type the following:

Code:
~# rm -r /system/app.disabled

To verify you deleted the folder just go into system and check the file/folder list by typing:

Code:
~# cd /system/
~# ls

If all is well that ends well you shouldn't see app.disabled anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones