• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can I cange default media player

bigray13

Lurker
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everyone I am new here been lurking since seeing the droid. Great community here btw. I got my droid friday morning and love it great phone and my 1st android device,coming from a centro.

I have a question about the default video player. I bought the act 1 video player because it says it can be used as the default video player but I have no idea how to set it up as the default. I use orb to stream live tv to my phone the default player just doesnt cut it.

The act 1 player does a much better job playing the movies I have loaded on the sd card, so I would think it would do better on streaming as well. When I open the stream from orb it opens in the default player. It runs ok for a few mins but quality is not what it should be, on my centro it was better with kinoma player.

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: Charles@Kinoma
biggray13: I too just picked up a droid on Friday. I had been using a Tre0700W for the last 4 years, and really did enjoy watching TV on my Treo. So far, I haven't been able to do so at all on the Droid. I don't know if it is because the droid uses a different port than the treo did, but it doesn't work at all. I was wondering what you did to have it work even for a few minutes? Thanks so much in advance for your hlep!

Upvote 0
Well it was working just going to mycast.orb.com and it would launch the stock player. It would run badly but it at least would run. Now its not working at all.I'm still messing with settings to figure it out. :mad: when I get it going again ill post what I had to change. Something got screwed up with me messing around with the settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones