• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I make a different camera my default?

stmax

Sep 14, 2010
If I can get away with stock apps I prefer to stick with them to do the workhorse functions. One stock app I'm thinking of leaving though is the camera. But I like that I can slide to the camera from the unlock screen and that certain apps call on the default camera. Is there any way to make another camera app behave like the default one? Ie come up when called upon by android.

If I can get away with stock apps I prefer to stick with them to do the workhorse functions. One stock app I'm thinking of leaving though is the camera. But I like that I can slide to the camera from the unlock screen and that certain apps call on the default camera. Is there any way to make another camera app behave like the default one? Ie come up when called upon by android.

Use widget locker. Its a lock screen that you can customize and you can use whatever camera app you want from the lock screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones