• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can I restore deleted contacts from week ago

• Thread starter samsung s2 kate
  • Start date
Hello, and welcome to AF!

There is a way that you may possibly be able to get the number back. If linked a google account and you let google sync your contacts (which it does by default) you have a good chance you may be able to find it in your google account contacts.

To me the easiest way to see if the contact exists is go to:
contacts.google.com
on your computer. It will ask you to sign in if you are not already, then you will be directed to a list of your contacts. There you can scroll through all your contacts if it has sync'd before. If you find the person you are looking for, you can go on to the next step.
Go to your contacts on your phone
- press settings
- select Accounts
- select google
- uncheck contacts, then recheck contacts to force a sync
then just give it some time to finish the sync, and check back to see if the contact was added. If not you can add it manually if you did find the info on your google contacts page.

Hope I was able to help you! Have a great day :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones