• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I use a Verizon Dev Edition Moto X on AT&T?

pappy53

Jan 15, 2010
North Carolina
I'm sure that this has been discussed many times, but I am getting conflicting reads since the 4.4.2 update. I have a chance to get a good deal on a Moto X Verizon Dev Edition. I am on the AT&T network, but I figure that if I sell it later, that it will be easier to sell since it works on VZW, also.
I am wondering if it will still work with AT&T, as I have read on XDA that some problems arose about that with the 4.4.2. I realize that LTE isn't available, but just wanted to be sure that I can use it on the AT&T network. I am on Consumer Cellular, which uses the AT&T network, and my iPhone 5c works great, even getting LTE. So, if anyone has any knowledge about this since 4.4.2, I would appreciate any input. TIA!

Well I will give you the best response I can. ;)

I believe the device will work on AT&T, but you will run into some hiccups, such as not getting LTE, you may have issues making and being recognized on 911 calls, you may also have some SMS and MMS issues, I know a friend that also had issues getting his visual voice mails and had to use GV for his voice mails. So it depends on your needs, if it were me I would buy one for AT&T, or a GSM specific unlocked Dev edition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones