• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can LauncherPro get any more awesome?

Is there any effects to battery life with LP? Like... does Sense UI still run in the background? That would seem like having two sets of home screens with widgets running on both might have an adverse effect on the battery. Just concerned with how Sense UI is handled, whether it is dormant or running in the background.

Upvote 0
Has anybody else had problems with Launcher Pro losing it's dock icons? Several times now I've lost them. Tonight, as soon as I connected my Dinc to my PC, LP lost the icons. I now have the big Plus signs where my dock items used to be. I've also lost them before just rebooting the phone. It is a pain to have to reselect them.

Upvote 0
Is there any effects to battery life with LP? Like... does Sense UI still run in the background? That would seem like having two sets of home screens with widgets running on both might have an adverse effect on the battery. Just concerned with how Sense UI is handled, whether it is dormant or running in the background.

When LP is set, sense does not show in my System Panel as an active running app.

Has anybody else had problems with Launcher Pro losing it's dock icons? Several times now I've lost them. Tonight, as soon as I connected my Dinc to my PC, LP lost the icons. I now have the big Plus signs where my dock items used to be. I've also lost them before just rebooting the phone. It is a pain to have to reselect them.

I've never heard of this. You could try posting it in the LauncherPro forum located HERE the dev Fede is very helpful and just might answer your question personally. GL

Reactions: Ecks
Upvote 0

Did you try scrolling to the right to see if you just scrolled to another page?

Upvote 0
The dock stays the same on all screens.

This time after I changed the middle icon back to the app drawer, all my other icons came back.

I guess this can happen after updating: LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Dock strangeness?

maybe because of your settings, but you should be able to scroll dock, left and right , scroll the dock itself not the home screen. I thought I'd lost mine also, but I found I could scroll the dock independent of the main/home screen and I had 1 with my icons and 2 with + signs

Reactions: edbro
Upvote 0
Saw some people asking where they can get Fancy Widget (HTC calendar/time replacement)

fancy-widget-qr.png

source: Fancy Widget for Android | Android Community

Upvote 0
you might have to go into settings and make sure it's checked to show the unread count. in the changelog i think he mentions that notifications are disabled by default. the unread count for gmail shows up for me just fine.

That's correct. I checked those off in the settings and it works for me just fine. Now if he'd add a checker for Google Voice I'd be set!

Side note: I also have the wallpaper issue with LP (not in Sense though). I have to reboot the phone for the changes to take effect. odd.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if you can save your layout or settings for launcher pro? I rooted and then had to set everything up again. Just wanted to know because now I want to go back to stock but don't want to set everything up again in launcher pro. Thanks in advance.

From the home screen -

Menu > Preferences > Backup homescreens & settings

Reactions: inittowinit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones