• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can no longer access Google sync settings in my phone

Yesterday, I have added a second Google account to my phone. I later noticed that I can no longer manage Google accounts in Settings >> Accounts >> Google (because the Google option is missing, but others like Dropbox are still there). The option to add a Google account is gone too.
(Settings >> Accounts >> Google used to be there)

Now, I am no longer able to access sync options, neither to remove those accounts from my phone if I want to. I couldnt find any similar problems or solutions... Anyone has any ideas?
Using Android 5.0/Asus Zenfone 2

Last edited:
Hi,
Go to settings >storage>cached data>clear cached data.
Go to settings>storage>apps>all> menu> reset app preferences> reset apps.
Run the device in safe mode.
Reboot /restart device.
Option 1: If your device is on
If your device's screen is on, follow these steps to reboot to safe mode:

Press & hold the Power button.
In the box that opens, touch & hold Power off.
You�ll see a �Reboot to safe mode� box. Tap OK.
Your device will start in safe mode. You'll see the words "Safe mode" in a box at the bottom.
Option 2: If your device is off
If your device is powered down, follow these steps to boot to safe mode:

Press the Power button.
After the Google logo has shown on your screen, when the animation starts, press & hold the Volume down button. Keep holding it until the animation ends and your device starts in safe mode.
In a box at the bottom of your screen, you'll see the words "Safe mode."
To cancel safe mode.
Restart the device.

Upvote 0
You should have a cog wheel for Google services as well.
Screenshot_2016-08-10-14-59-02.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones