• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Sending sms/mms from Mac via Google Messages failing.

DanneV

Lurker
Mar 11, 2023
Have used Mac since stone age. Android since 8-10 years. "Always" preferred pairing computer and mobile and sending sms/mms from the Mac via the Android. Always worked just fine until 6-8 (?) months ago when each and every sms/mms don't send. The connection between computer and phone seems OK since I get "failed" in the computer and the same in the phone. I have set the options in the phone NOT to send in this new fancy Google format, but as plain sms/mms. To no avail. This drives me bonkers, really. I'm running a business and often need to attach images from the computer to text messages. Now I first have to transfer the images from the Mac to my mobile and then send them.

Have spend umpteen hours/days/weeks trying to find a solution.

I'm usually a pretty laid back fellow and have always learned to adapt to new "techniques", but this idiocy has pushed me over the edge.

Can someone please help? Have I just been daft and missed out something obvious?

Oh, I use Macos 12.7.2 Monterey and Android 13 on a phone RealmeC35. Browsers used to connect to Google Messages - A simple, helpful text messaging app are Firefox and Chrome. All apps, system, etc, are updated.

Chhers
Danne

That's really odd. Just for comparison I use my Linux Mint Laptop and bluetooth to my Pixel Pro 8 and have no problem sending text via Chrome. I never turned RCS off.

Could it be ad blocking software on your browser? Have you tried connecting your phone with a USB cable?

About all I can think of at the moment.

Upvote 0
That's really odd. Just for comparison I use my Linux Mint Laptop and bluetooth to my Pixel Pro 8 and have no problem sending text via Chrome. I never turned RCS off.

Could it be ad blocking software on your browser? Have you tried connecting your phone with a USB cable?

About all I can think of at the moment.
Thanks a mill for reply. Yeah it's RCS (sorry if forgot the abbreviation before) Don't think I have ad block software for this requirement (will test). Will also test USB-cable.

Oh. pls accept poor English language.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones